Torqeedo Cruise to 60V

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lefty

Reaction score
Anyone know how to add a battery to the torqeedo cruise 4.0 to make it a total 60v.
Normal voltage is 48 with 48 being at the low end and max voltage is rated at 65 and ive talked to several who have done this. However when I try it I get a E36 error code. Motor runs fine on 48 but 60 would greatly increase run time.

None of my friends got this code when they did it.

I know I could add 4 batteries to the 48 system and hook it parallel. But i dont want all the added weight.

manual says error code e36 is too high of voltage, it also says:
The Cruise 4.0R operates with a power supply of between 42V and 58V (relating to the nominal voltage). That means it can be operated with four serial configured 12V batteries.

So 5 12v batteries in series will probably be around 67 volts fully charged. Maybe your friends have weak batteries.

Tim

Sorry I missed it, can you or did you post more detail about your electric setup? I see the one link that shows your boat, but I could not find anything with more pictures and detail.

No. I will post the details further when I get home.

It's a 4.0 cruise r. 48 volt. Positive wire comes from the motor to a battery switch then to the first battery. Then jumper wires from that to the next three. Neg to pos. Etc. Then the last battery the neg goes to the motor. I've tried hooking an extra battery up but I get the error code for too much voltage.
I know of other boats that run a setup like this. I called my local service guy but he wants me to bring it in. If all else fails I guess I can. But was wondering if someone here knew how to set it up

I emailed Torqeedo and got a response first thing this morning……How awesome is that fast response? :beer:

Hi Jim,

The Cruise 4.0 requires a 48v setup, usually accomplished with 4 12v batteries. To give the motor a longer runtime, you can add a 2nd parallel 48v setup, or 4 more 12v batteries. The batteries in series would need to be off approximate equal age and equal amp hrs.

Hope this helps, please let me know if any more information is needed.

Thanks,

Mary Jo

Mary Jo Reinhart | Inside Sales Manager

Torqeedo, Inc
171 Erick Street, Unit A-1 | Crystal Lake, IL 60014
P 1-815-444-8806 x306 | F 1-815-869-4199

Latest posts