Who can build me one of these

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I love the ones you can buy, but my Lord, they want thousands for them. If I had an ounce of hand tool skills I would be all over this. Which one of you can build me one of these? :LOL2: Maybe Bassboy1 can fabricate one for me with metal.

https://adventure-truck.sfglobe.com/?id=15790&src=fbfan_15790

Jim said:
bobberboy said:
You plan to move into it?
:LOL2:

No, but the extra storage would be a huge plus. I have an extended cab Silverado and 3 kids. I need all the extra space I can get.

Won't work out, Jim. I tried it years ago when my daughters were little. Investigated a bit, and it turns out there are LAWS against putting your children in either the trunk, or drawers in the pickup bed. #-o

Lord, those girls could bicker !!!

Nice thought, though.

=D> =D> =D>

Jim said:
I love the ones you can buy, but my Lord, they want thousands for them. If I had an ounce of hand tool skills I would be all over this. Which one of you can build me one of these? :LOL2: Maybe Bassboy1 can fabricate one for me with metal.

On it!

bassboy1 said:
Jim said:

On it!

I need one too!

Looks like a waste of space to me. Think of all that extra room you could have WITHOUT that in the bed. I have a bench seat up front so bam, that's where I'll sleep.

Wyatt said:
Looks like a waste of space to me. Think of all that extra room you could have WITHOUT that in the bed. I have a bench seat up front so bam, that's where I'll sleep.

Not for sleep! But there is potential! :LOL2:

This is just for storage!
truck_vault.jpg

One could buy one of these, build a raised frame and slap a piece of plywood over it.

bedslide-go-truck-bed-cargo-slide.jpg

I bought my slider off craigslist for $300 and it sure comes in handy for loading and undloading heavy items for this old man :wink: .

Seon said:
One could buy one of these, build a raised frame and slap a piece of plywood over it.

bedslide-go-truck-bed-cargo-slide.jpg

I bought my slider off craigslist for $300 and it sure comes in handy for loading and undloading heavy items for this old man :wink: .

A slider on top of the storage box would be so huge! :beer:

one of the service guys that repairs some washers here has one. it is SWEET! dont have to crawl in the back of the truck to get something that is in the back

I tell you what I really want is an OEM side access toolbox. Basically, use the wasted space below the bed, in front of the wheel on each side, to make a small dry box.

Much like the underbody boxes you see on flatbeds, but factory built into the sheetmetal, to retain the pickup lines. Dodge came close when they built the top access into the bed sides, but I'd much prefer have the lower side access, and not lose bed width.

Just need enough space to store straps, extra trailer hitch, recovery chain, etc, without having them bouncing around in the bed, or loose in the cab. For someone who often hauls with a truck, a toolbox across the bed eats up too much space - can't slide two pallets into the bed with a toolbox there. The side boxes that are designed to fit between the wheel well and the front of the bed are clever, but when carrying 5x10' sheets, that space is needed. Tonneu covers make the bed useless for any real loads.

Any auto designers listening?

bassboy1 said:
I tell you what I really want is an OEM side access toolbox. Basically, use the wasted space below the bed, in front of the wheel on each side, to make a small dry box.

Ford and Chevy both did that over 40 years ago.

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 575

Latest posts