Bass do eat turtles!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.hopnews.com/

July 28, 2009 — Max Tredeau, 9, reeled in a big one today! His largest catch to date at the Hopkinton-owned North Pond Dam (located on the Upton/Milford town lines)! This large mouth bass weighed in at just under 8lb's and was 26" long-. When caught, the bass had 2 painted turtles in it's mouth.
Max and his dad, Harris, were able to save one of the turtles and release it back into the lake, along with the bass. Max has been fishing this dam, regularly for 5 years and his Dad for 30 or more. This was the biggest catch ever!

tredeau_giantbass.jpg

Given the shape of that bass, looks like he could use all the food he can get. 8# bass with a 10# head.

Okay, I support C&R and I support eat what you catch. But why is that fish on a stringer if the say they released it. Could it be that they said they released it to avoid being slammed for keeping it. I mean if they wanted to keep and eat it, that's their perogative. And me, sometimes I'll tell some of those die hard C&R people that I kept a fish, just to spin them up when in fact it was released to fight another day. BTW, that is a nice fish, can you imagine her size if just before the spawn?

Latest posts