PERKO locaiton

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenchicken

Reaction score
When my Perko switch was originally installed they put it under my seat. I am thinking of moving it to the deck. This way I would be less likily forget to move it to the OFF position at the end of the day. It would definitely get hit with water.. but I assume it is designed for that.

ANy reason I should not?

As long as you make sure no bare wire is showing and make solid contact should be no problem. I made a waterproof cover for mine to protect where it comes out the side of my center console. I used the top of a waterproof tackle box mounted with clear silicone. You could do something like this if it would fit your application. The cover is mostly for protection and to keep water out of the console, since it is 12 volts you would probably be fine out in the open also.

Attachments

• photo(30).JPG
    photo(30).JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 644
  • photo(31).JPG
    photo(31).JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 644
I would say yes, if your battery leaks you would likely get severe corrosion damage to an aluminum hull. Will ruin paint at least. Worth $9 from wally world for piece of mind.

Latest posts