Sea Nymph row boat to Crappie Killer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
took her out for a spin today to make sure that i had replaced any structural integrity lost by removing the center bench and i would say i did a pretty good job. she's as solid as a rock and i love being able to walk up to the front of the boat to tend to the anchor without having to climb over that center bench. i work nights, 12 hour days right now so i dont have too much down time during the week but i hope to get a cardboard mock up done before work tomorrow. if so i'll post it up so you guys can let me know what you think so far.

I got a little more work done yesterday. Applied a few coats of minwax helsman to the floor and the lids for the side boxes and got them carpeted this morning. Here's a few pics of them laid in place so I can make templates for the sides. Starting to look like a boat again

Looks great Jake. I'll have to show this build to a friend with a similar hull. He'll love it.

I wish I could offer advice on it but have never messed with a v bottom. Looks like it'll be a lot easier to fish from with the deck and I really like the storage on the sides. Guessing you'll fill the areas with the brackets on top with insulation and use the others for storage? Keep up the good work and post some more pics when you can :mrgreen:

Thanks! Yea, the plan is to foam in the middle sections on both sides and use the other four compartments for tackle and other miscellaneous stuff. I should have the mid section finished up tomorrow so I'll post more pics. Plan to modify or just re-do the front deck next weekend.

I got a little bit done today. Not as much as I planned and a few things didn't work out the way I wanted. I got the sides cut and installed for the boxes and hinges put on the lids.

I wanted the hinges to be outboard on the long sides but I couldn't make it work out to where everything still lined up so they went on top on the short ends. It still accomplishes what I wanted just doesn't look as good

I started trying to get an idea of how I want the seat layout. I'm going to cut this post in half and mount it on a swivel eze tilt and slide for the drivers seat.

This is where the front one is getting mounted but I'm going to use a flush mount pin base so its removable. Sorry about the picture quality it was starting to rain and I was in a hurry.

Looking good Jake, I have a couple options for my seat. Now just need to make a decision.

Good job on your conversion.

Jeff

Thanks for the kind words.

What options did you come up with, Jeff? I'm about to be to the point where I need to make that decision and buy some mounts and hardware by next weekend.

Jake,

There is a company by the name of AK McCallum Co. , they have a slide system that is 60" wide. It is supposedly made to fit the round edge of Lowe bench seats.

Wise makes a 15" & 33" slides, then there is a G5 slider base.

The other option is plywood seald and wrapped in carpet, screw my quick release bracket to it and possibly add another further Port for when I'm using the electric trolling motor.

Jeff

Thanks for the info. I'll have to look into that 60 inch wide slider. My benches are rounded on the edges as well and it would be nice to be able to position the seat anywhere side to side.

Jake,

From what I understand, Lowe and Sea Nymph are essentially the same. So the one from AK McCallum should be the ticket.

I have heard that Lowe bought out sea nymph. Just wasn't sure what year. I just looked those up and I think that's what I will go with for my drivers seat mount. Good price too! Thanks again for the information.

Latest posts