Best 14ft Vboat conversion!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still looks great. Don't worry about the rails, if you're happy with them, then they are great. I only said something, because I know how kids can be at the dock trying to get into the boat. Plus as I stated above, most docks here are about as tall as the boat, so you'd have to step up and over the rail 9" and then into the boat with a 6" drop. No one is calling you out or questioning your decision. I think it's just that they look so big on that boat. Just be careful getting in and out and I think you'll be fine.
Like the lights, I did the same to mine, but I want to redo them. Mind posting up what you bought?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

huntinfool said:
Still looks great. Don't worry about the rails, if you're happy with them, then they are great. I only said something, because I know how kids can be at the dock trying to get into the boat. Plus as I stated above, most docks here are about as tall as the boat, so you'd have to step up and over the rail 9" and then into the boat with a 6" drop. No one is calling you out or questioning your decision. I think it's just that they look so big on that boat. Just be careful getting in and out and I think you'll be fine.
Like the lights, I did the same to mine, but I want to redo them. Mind posting up what you bought?

If you do second guess your rail decision, with your welding skills I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to make a gate with the existing rails so it would be easier for people to get in n out

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

mrm4155 said:
huntinfool said:

If you do second guess your rail decision, with your welding skills I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to make a gate with the existing rails so it would be easier for people to get in n out

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I have considered that. We'll see how it goes. Most of the docks around here are tall and have ladders. Except for our lake gaston house

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

ab3b8c07cf99bae2363448959a6c3818.jpg

This is what I got they have all different lengths. I'm putting these green ones outside the boat

I have some in mine and they work, but I accidentally bought 2 different kinds. I was told to get the 5050 lights as they are a tri chip. Meaning that have the red, green, and blue LED in one. Mine are set so I can change the color on them. I'm going to redo mine. Plus I didn't get any light on my rear deck.

9bac4104e93141bb6f679ce25b7c0bc4.jpg
f7687c569b3241a77c9d0bc6a3448f18.jpg
3e18e14cf1c10252de3afa8dae0e6253.jpg

Finished the headlights and anchor rollers. Also installed the back deck

3cccf32b281bc6cd539ad46c6afd1a3f.jpg
85770984faec24d024c9d341a78e0aad.jpg
6b374a694bf366b22ba8a1dff11633ed.jpg

Did a lil work tonight. Installed the exterior green led lights and some storage lights in the back compartment

Is that a 14 foot alumacraft.... it looks similar to a boat I had before I found the alumacraft I am working on now.

CrappieSlayer36 said:
Is that a 14 foot alumacraft.... it looks similar to a boat I had before I found the alumacraft I am working on now.
Yeah I think it's a 1950 Alumacraft

Dude you are my hero! :) That is an amazing build. I have two questions: What size aluminum angle did you use for the decking? And did you make a stencil for the grass and cattails or is it available commercially? Paint job is really nice I'm impressed.

Jimmy

Jimbeaux said:
Dude you are my hero! :) That is an amazing build. I have two questions: What size aluminum angle did you use for the decking? And did you make a stencil for the grass and cattails or is it available commercially? Paint job is really nice I'm impressed.

Jimmy
1 x 1 x 1/8 angle. Yes i bought a $12 stencil off eBay. FYI this is my 1st build. I'm planning on getting a 20 -24 ft aluminum boat and doing it all over again in a couple years. I knew my wife would flip if I brought home a boat that big as a first project. Besides this will be good for getting around in those tight areas. Lol thank you very much.

Latest posts