my 10ft jon boat mod (with a bad ending to the season.)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redneckfisher

Reaction score
last year i got this jon boat and i wanted to make it a jon bass boat so i took and screwed some 2x3s down to the seat frames and made a 1x2' livewell out of sheet aluminum. then i cut and put a piece of 1/2" plywood on the 2x3s. then i added some rough cut 2x2s on the sides. i added some minor eletrical and a 30lb minn-kota trolling motor.

Attachments

• jb2.jpg
    jb2.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 15,549
  • jb3.jpg
    jb3.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 15,549
  • jb4.jpg
    jb4.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 15,549
  • jb5.jpg
    jb5.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 15,549
  • jb6.jpg
    jb6.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 15,549
  • jb7.jpg
    jb7.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 15,549
  • jb9.jpg
    jb9.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 15,549
  • jb10.jpg
    jb10.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 15,549
  • jb11.jpg
    jb11.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 15,549
  • jb12.jpg
    jb12.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 15,549
  • jb13.jpg
    jb13.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 15,549
i have been working on it and i will get new pictures up with it carpeted and my new (to me) 1988 3hp gamefisher outboard.

worked nonstop since 3:00pm on the boat today, and got a lot done. I made a mount in the front for the trolling motor and added a small deck on the back and on the bottom.

ok so sorry i havent put up pics lately my camera isnt working but all the carpet and everything is bacicly done ill try to take some pics while im at frog fest at verona beach this weekend!

theres a guy selling a tracker motor guide 52lb thrust foot controlled troling motor thats about 5 years old and he is selling it for $100 is this a good deal? i can get a new one for like $450

I would think it's a pretty good deal considering how much bow mount foot controlled trolling motors are new. If it's in good shape, why not?! I know that there's one about the same thrust in my town from someone I know and he wants $140 and it is at least 10 years old. I thought about it, but think I might hold out for something in better shape that is used. Might change my mind later.

sounds like a pretty good deal to me, as long as you see it work before you buy it.

ok i want to get a fishfinder but i only want to spend around $100 do yall know of a good one for this price? i have looked at the hummingbird 150 and 170 but i dont know what is good and not.

I have 2 of the Eagle's that I got at Academy and they were $69. I want to know the depth and be able to find underwater structure and that is about it. They work great and are easy to install and use.

I just got a Lawrance 5X for my birthday yesterday. Got it at Gander Mountain for $159. Haven't got to try it yet, but the screen quality is great from the demonstration disply screen! I think an Eagle (which is Lawrance's lower priced brand) might be a good choice also.

I picked up the Hummingbird 550 from Academy for $149, seems to be a really good deal.

HERE IS THE FINSHED BOAT, FOR SOME REASON I CAN ONLY POST ONE AT A TIME BUT HERE THEY ARE
chris114.jpg

Latest posts