14' Mirrocraft semi V project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrecisionAir

Reaction score
Let me start by introducing myself. My name is Scott, all though this is my first post I have been lurking around here for a while and have PM'ed a few of you with questions. I picked up a 1984 Mirrocraft a month ago and finally had a little time to work on it today. I added a 4" extension to the transom so I can use a 20" shaft that I plan on transfering to a Lowe 1467WT this fall. I bought a 25hp yamaha to power it. I went back and forth between a Tohatsu 20hp 4 stroke and a 15hp yamaha 2 stroke. I ended up buying a 25hp yamaha 2 stroke ( go figure ). Well a week ago I started to polish the boat and didnt like how it looked with all the dents and scratches, so I ordered Parkers boat paint in Hunters green. Today I built the transom extention and framed in the casting deck. Hopefully this week I can finish the deck and start painting. I will try to take pics along the way. This site is awesome and full of great info for people like me to get started, I'm glad I stumbled across this place.

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

Thanks for the link..... Your boat is turning out awesome. I would have like to do my ( jack plate ) better, but I had that aluminum laying around and I am trying to keep cost at a minimum since I will probably upgrade to a New 1467WT in a few months. I bought this boat and trailer off CL as a temporary boat fix, but after seeing this site got bit by the mod bug. I am going to try to invest as little as possible into the mirrocraft. Now if I had your skills and access to aluminum scrap I would just keep it and make it a walk through style boat ;) I cant wait to see your boat finished.

I just added more photos of my build. I will let you know how the raised front deck works after the weekend.

No its just pine, I think. I am going to seal it with Thompsons. I realized that my transom plate is too narrow so I am going to redo it and copy "boaters" jack plate. I cant wait to get it painted and get my new Yamaha on it.

PrecisionAir said:
No its just pine, I think. I am going to seal it with Thompsons. I realized that my transom plate is too narrow so I am going to redo it and copy "boaters" jack plate. I cant wait to get it painted and get my new Yamaha on it.

If your looking at my jack plate be sure to look at it on the finished picts the first one caused water to splash back into the boat, I fixed that problem by making the vertical leg shorter and cut a 22.5 deg miter cut on it. If you want more photos and measurements of mine let me know. I would be happy to post them.
Looking good.

Well I had some time to work on the boat this weekend and primed and painted the exterior with Parker duck boat paint and gutted the interior and will hopefully paint it tomorrow. I gave up on making a jack plate after pricing aluminum angle and not being able to find what I needed at the recycling place. So I ordered a TH Marine "mini jacker". Hopefully I will get it mounted this week. Well here are some pics of the progress, not very exciting compared to most of the builds on here but what the heck.

Priming
IMG_0436.jpg

Paint
IMG_0438.jpg

Paint
IMG_0441.jpg

Paint
IMG_0442.jpg

Interior rmoved
IMG_0443.jpg

Stay tuned for more;)

Latest posts