It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 04:02

Your-Outdoor-Sport-Center

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: 14' V-Hull Starcraft
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 17:39 

LonLB wrote:
If it runs good, then it's a good deal. If it doesn't I wouldn't pay that much for it. But prices can vary from region to region.

The boat is looking GOOD! I like the floor/deck setup, and how it doesn't run all the way to the top

I figured I keep it seat level. A little to unstable to put up all the way for me. Thanks for the post.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 22:03 

You probly shouldn't buy that motor, I heard its blown..the water pump is shot..all kinds of bad stuff...
Just kidding, I just seen that same one on craigslist. If I didn't live 2 hours away I would go pick it up.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 22:45 

I like your floor plan. It's very simple and it seems like less is more with a small boat. I have a 14' V that I'm going to be starting on in the spring and I was thinking about doing something almost exactly like your floor plan. I am also worried about sacrificing stability but would like some sort of raised deck, sort of like what you have in that front portion.

I'm going to be keeping a very close eye on your build, and I'm waiting to hear about how stable it is and whatnot.

Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2011, 00:53 

.:Crosby:. wrote:
You probly shouldn't buy that motor, I heard its blown..the water pump is shot..all kinds of bad stuff...
Just kidding, I just seen that same one on craigslist. If I didn't live 2 hours away I would go pick it up.

LOL man you made my stomach drop. I gotta wait till the 8th to have the money up, so fingers are crossed its still there when im ready.

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2011, 00:54 

FishyItch wrote:
I like your floor plan. It's very simple and it seems like less is more with a small boat. I have a 14' V that I'm going to be starting on in the spring and I was thinking about doing something almost exactly like your floor plan. I am also worried about sacrificing stability but would like some sort of raised deck, sort of like what you have in that front portion.

I'm going to be keeping a very close eye on your build, and I'm waiting to hear about how stable it is and whatnot.

Keep up the good work!

Ill be sure to post plenty of frame pics when im done. Still gotta long way. But thanks for the interest.

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2011, 10:29 

Nice job on the boat. I really envy you guys in Florida, as even here the weather is cold and windy. I've got a shed full of supplies but it is too cold to work on the boat and trailer. Lots of good info on this site. I was originally planning to put my decking to the top of the boat but after reading on here, I'll do mine pretty much like you are doing.

A 1989 Lowe 1640 Jon on a 1967 Art Roll trailer powered by a 1970 4 HP Mercury... no, I'm not in a hurry.

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2011, 14:41 

Oldgeek wrote:
Nice job on the boat. I really envy you guys in Florida, as even here the weather is cold and windy. I've got a shed full of supplies but it is too cold to work on the boat and trailer. Lots of good info on this site. I was originally planning to put my decking to the top of the boat but after reading on here, I'll do mine pretty much like you are doing.

Yeah I honestly spent weeks looking at all the mods on here trying to find out as much as i could before i even started. And yes we are lucky down here when it comes to weather. I lived in Ga. for almost 4 years and even the cold there was to much for my bones. Its t-shirts and flip flops weather right now. Thanks for the post.

Ill def. post pics when i put it in the water for the first time and see and show how stable it is.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011, 18:05 

Just got done with the pole holders/storage.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2011, 23:08 

Nice Job on the build...I have the exact same boat! Mine however, is a faded pea green and needs a new paint job as soon as the weather up north here breaks. I really like the floor plan...thats what I have come up with after looking at other mods over the past few months. I have a few questions though...1 what HP motor do you currently have on it, not the new 15hp you bought. Adding the floor and decks is a weight concern for pushing my two brothers and myself with a little 9.5 evinrude. 2. How high would you go with pedestal seats on the front are rear casting decks? I planned on getting the 11" swivel eze seat posts from walmart 3. How did you mount the front casting deck to the bow of the boat? Any help would be great as I can't wait to get mine set up for our summer up here come mid May. Keep up the good work I will be following your progress.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2011, 00:35 

Bassaholic wrote:
Just got done with the pole holders/storage.

That rod rack is amazing!! I might have to copy that for my build 8)

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2011, 03:14 

man i had a boat like that my grandpa bought for me when i was younger but i could never find a trailer for it (pre-craiglslist era)... now i wish i had kept it! Those are tanks and look great when modded! the rod rack is a very nice touch too.

Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next