new member with my first boat! 12 ft fiberglass v bottom

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Littlec

Reaction score
I just picked up a 12 foot 1974 delhi fiberglass v bottom for 50 bucks. Im gonna start with replacing the rotted transom this weekend an start decking it out. i was gonna do a 8 foot front deck with a casting seat an to seats in the back to sit in while driving the boat. Any thoughts on the decking? Also what size outboard should i use? I was also told i would be crazy to take this out onto the susquehanna river in pa. Is that true? Any help would be helpful and i will post pics tonight and tomorrow. Thanks

This is close to the layout i want to do but w a full front deck instead

file-3.jpg

The boat is ONLY 12 ft...are you sure you want to put ALL that wood on your boat? [-X The weight of the wood is going to sink your boat. If I was you I would calculate the TOTAL weight, gear, person, wood, engine, etc....and see what ya got. Remember...your boat has a MAXIMUM weight capacity which shouldn't be exceeded. GOOD LUCK !

it's really not alot of wood because im gonna do a complete flat front deck. That boat there too is also 12 feet.

Yeah rain has put a hold on the project but i did pick up a 1970 johnson 9.5 for a hundred dollars thats in great shape! Gotta get a gas tank an fire it up!

Hey Littlec, did you ever finish this project? I have a delhi just like yours that i want to refurbish. i would like to get in touch with you to get ideas.

Did you ever finish this boat? I have the exact same boat and was curious how your 9.9 did on it and also was curious if you knew the boats motor and weight capacities

Hi my name is marc and i have owned that exact boat for 8 years now! i have spent alot of time restoring it and an equal amount of time on the water!
I have always wondered who made it and the model! now that i know its a delhi i was wondering if your boat has any more info!? like a model number or model name? im having the same luck as everyone else when it comes to finding any info on the company and the boat! i would like to know how rare they have become(if at all) any info would help! thanks alot!

Latest posts