Extreme Makeover Bassboat Edition - Just had to share!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bAcKpAiN

Reaction score
I experienced my very own little "extreme makeover" this past month and a half and I figured I would share it with you all and brag on God a little bit! We bought our 1981 Fisher 16' Mod V last season and fished it like it came as our finances have been very tight. This spring we needed to give a bit of attention to the boat because the wood hatches and carpet on the front were getting pretty bad to the point of dangerous. I intended to simply replace the wood pieces or maybe extend the deck slightly and re-carpet the boat with some carpet given to me last year by a friend. My oh my did it turn out different! After getting the carpet tore out we noticed that there was a lot of corrosion around the bolts holding the aluminum flooring on and the foam in the boat was soaked where it hadn't totally disintegrated yet. Bottom line a simple re-carpet turned into an oh boy! The problem was with my bad back after the tear down I was barely able to walk. Just as I was leaning over on the now gutted boat I told the Lord "I don't think I can fix this thing." In the same instant my phone rings. Here my brother had mentioned my situation to his boss and they wanted to help me out. Bottom line, I dropped off the boat at their shop and got a totally different animal in return. They didn't charge me a dime for the materials, labor, or anything! I had to choke back tears all the way home!

I will just start the build thread with some before and afters and get to the details as I can later. Needless to say I am humbled, speechless, and honestly still in disbelief over what I ended up with!

Before:
IMG_2313 (Medium).JPG
IMG_2316 (Medium).JPG
IMG_2317 (Medium).JPG

After:
IMAG0130 (Medium).jpg
IMAG0131 (Medium).jpg
IMAG0132 (Medium).jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0112 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG0112 (Medium).jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 1,945
  • IMAG0110 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG0110 (Medium).jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 1,945
Praise the Lord man! that's awesome. Keep on telling your Jesus story!

pimp my boat!
very nice!!! having the gracious reaction you have, i'm sure you are very deserving of such a wonderful blessing. surely your donors would getpayback for their generosity. good karma is unstoppable!

Made my day! Thanks for sharing! We do what we do, and sometimes God slips us more than our needs; he gives us a great surprise! This story will keep more people than you know "keepin the faith." He doesnt make mistakes, you deserve it!

That's awesome. Sounds like a company I'd like to do business with. Good on them.

Latest posts