13.5' Gregor V hull conversion (Complete)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LMBDave

Reaction score
This is the conversion i finished this week (Completed 05-30-2011). It is a 13.5' Gregor aluminum v hull.

This is how she started out:

IMG_1009.jpg

Started off building the bench tops first and adding some storage compartment hatches:

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

Then I built the frame for the rear deck and storage area for the gas tank:

IMG_1034.jpg

Added carpet to all the decking and here's the finished the product:

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

What did you use on the interior walls and flooring prior to build out?

firefish said:
What did you use on the interior walls and flooring prior to build out?

he had it painted at a marine shop. Im not sure what kind of paint they used, but it was mostly grey with white and black speckles, it looked REALLY nice. this is not my boat, i just did the conversion.

Hey buddy I really like your work,
Just a few questions if you dont mind, where did you get those storage compartments from, and do you know if they're available online?
I'm Australian and carnt find anything even similar here.

And as for your framework, do you recommend sealed treated timber or sealed untreated timber?
I did read somewhere that whatever they treat the timber with can sometimes leech out when it gets wet and can cause harm to aluminum?

Ankaz said:
And as for your framework, do you recommend sealed treated timber or sealed untreated timber?
I did read somewhere that whatever they treat the timber with can sometimes leech out when it gets wet and can cause harm to aluminum?

Don't use treated lumber. Use untreated with 3 coats spar urethane.

Vermonster said:
Ankaz said:

Don't use treated lumber. Use untreated with 3 coats spar urethane.

^ Exactly what he said. i definitely recommend treating the lumber yourself.

Really like how this one came out. Was wondering if the floors are attached to the floor framing or just a snug fit. Also wondering if you carpeted the benches after attaching them, as it doesn't look like any fasteners from the pics.

thanks

Latest posts