1652 G3 mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassboy1

TinBoats Sponsor
Reaction score
Some of y'all have seen this rig before, when I posted it up a couple months ago, however the shareaproject site I had it on quite hosting that one page for some reason. I'm going to repost the project here on tinboats (a more stable server, clearly), as I have a few hours to kill here in the airport.

This customer bought a new G3 1652, and wanted me to set it up for fishing electric only reservoirs. He will be running an 80 pound thrust trolling motor on the bow, and another 80 on the transom, run via an on off switch on the bow.

The boat will also be equipped with a Humminbird 1198c side imaging sonar.

Here is the bow half of the boat, before I got started. This particular hull already has the factory floor/side panels installed, and covered with marine vinyl.
001.jpg

The customer also bought the factory hatch lid for the stern deck. The 4 batteries for this rig will be underneath this hatch.
002.jpg

003.jpg

The only fabrication needed in this boat was the extension for the bow deck. The customer likes having a large open lower deck, and doesn't care for a rod locker or the likes, so this 18" deck extension/storage hatch provides all the storage he needs, and provides for a more comfortable bow deck.
0012.jpg

0022.jpg

The lids do not extend all the way to the gunwales of the boat to allow rods to be laid down on the deck, and not impede upon the lid opening. Also, notice the upward lip around the hatches. This will direct any water from the hatch lids away from the hatch, keeping all the hatch contents dry.
0042.jpg

Next step was to install carpet, and bolt in the accessories. Back here, we have a seat base, 80 pound thrust Minn Kota Traxxis, and a 12v accessory plug, for which the owner will plug in his portable livewell during tournaments. This picture also shows the hatch lids, one opened, one closed.
0033.jpg

Bow deck, carpeted, and hatch lids installed.
0023.jpg

0052.jpg

Here you see the completed bow deck. You see the Minn Kota Fortrex, and the Humminbird 1198c.
008.jpg

Here you see the recessed tray for the trolling motor, as well as the Bigfoot switch, which controls the rear trolling motor. I sell these recessed trays. Email at dmion (at) comcast (dot) net, if interested. They are TIG welded 5052 aluminum, powder coated black.
0072.jpg

Stern Deck and rear trolling motor (80 pound thrust Minn Kota Traxxis).
0062.jpg

Here is the completed rig.
011.jpg

012.jpg

I got to see that boat in person on the lake last week. It is a great lookin rig.

Making the hatches that way to keep water out is the ticket. 8)

Nice work bb.

Latest posts