1987 Bass Tracker MV-16 Remodel. First project.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kochy

Reaction score
Hello there guys, I'm new to the site and this is my first project, as I am only 16, and I got around to posting up some pictures of it because I want to see your guy's input on it so far and if I have any questions when I'm rebuilding I can ask you guys and you guys can be of some help to me. At the end of summer, I've bought my self a boat. We went out on it once, due to a massive flood on the Susquehanna River. When we bought it, the inner floor where the console, sat was rotten and the carpet on the front deck was out dated. We wanted to atleast fix the rotten floor. Now bear in mind, We've bought this from a State Cop and he tried to fix things on this boat which is hacked beyond belief. The Aerator hose for an example has Tape around it with like Metal Circle Clamps. We're going to replace that. But he built a platform out of lumber that looks like it was used on an old picnic table. Here's the boat when we bought it.

Yeah it looked fine on the outside, but, the floor in the middle was completely rotted. So we decided to completely redo it our way.

THIS IS NOT THE FINISHED PRODUCT, THIS IS WHAT I STARTED WITH.

IMAG0309.jpg

IMAG0310.jpg

IMAG0311.jpg

IMAG0312.jpg

IMAG0313.jpg

IMAG0315.jpg

I've got to resize the other pictures, Can't be more then 800 Pixels Wide.

Here's the make Shift hacked Plater form that the previous owner built. Its all moldy, because the hatches he had on it, didn't allow it to breath so it was really grimy and it really soaked the Styrofoam underneath it.
IMAG0345.jpg

Also if you notice the console, the guy had the wrong windshield on the boat... He bolted brackets on and bolted the windshield to the Console.
IMAG0349.jpg

IMAG0350.jpg

IMAG0352.jpg

IMAG0353.jpg

IMAG0355.jpg

We're going to have to take it to a fabricator, because every joyce has a crack all the way through it, as you can see where I'm point with my foot, is a piece of angle iron or in this case Angle Aluminum that is completely off the joyce and snapped. We're going to have to have somebody weld this stuff.

IMAG0357.jpg

Here's the trash pile of the stuff we tore out.

IMAG0362.jpg

IMAG0369.jpg

This is the front deck, where the guy put in a piece of plywood and where the pedestal seat goes, he put a small 2x6 under the plywood hanging there. It wasn't supporting anything cause it wasn't connected to any metal.

IMAG0370.jpg

IMAG0371.jpg

IMAG0372.jpg

And this is where my boat currently stands right now. We have a lot of stuff piled on it from Hunting season and what ever else.

IMAG0487-1.jpg

This is kind of what I'm thinking of doing to it. I don't have that great paint skills so its not to any kind of scale or some things aren't aligned right, but you can get the picture.

BoatLayout.png

i have the identical twin to that boat getting a diamond plate deck put in it right now. im planning on keeping the original floorplan and adding a trolling motor, camo seats, twin batteries, and a removable bow fishing deck. im really excited to see how the deck turns out.

Nice! When you get diamond plate put in it, can you send me some pictures, I'd love to see how it looks before we actually do it. Does yours have a back deck or is just flat all the way back to the transom? Thanks

I've made a new floor plan in paint, did minor changes but I think I still might change some of it. I don't know. Here it is:

vy4bqb.png

Thats a nice layout but i opted to make my whole back deck storage with 2 hatches. this way i can have room for my tank 2 batteries and a tool kit with plenty left over for life vests. and i did a small hatch in the front also just for my anchor. im not doing any pedestals and im just doing seats with legs so i can move them where ever i want. i chose this route cause im going to be doing different types of fishing and hunting so the mobility will be the way to go i think.

Jmox said:
Thats a nice layout but i opted to make my whole back deck storage with 2 hatches. this way i can have room for my tank 2 batteries and a tool kit with plenty left over for life vests. and i did a small hatch in the front also just for my anchor. im not doing any pedestals and im just doing seats with legs so i can move them where ever i want. i chose this route cause im going to be doing different types of fishing and hunting so the mobility will be the way to go i think.

Yeah if you look in the first pictures, of the camo seats with the little posts, Those are what I'd be using, You can pick them right up out of the hole when need be and set them down in the center part or need be.
And you said you had a place for your anchor? Is that like where I put a little storage compartment, in front of my back pedestal seat or no?

yea the seats im getting are like a normal house chair with 4 legs so i can move them anywhere and use them im not tied to where the base is and yea i made a small compartment in the front to.

Oh, You going to get fold up chairs? Like the ones that fold up in to a little tube case and you can throw it over your back, It'd save a lot of space on your boat. You some times see people sitting in them at Youth football games and what not.

heres what im talking about. it will be handy on boat in hunting trips we have boat and camp chairs.

Attachments

• s7_016249_999_01.jpeg
    s7_016249_999_01.jpeg
    17.2 KB · Views: 14,316
I went and checked on the sled today and its coming along. Heres some pics of her. i really like how on the edges they are bending the metal so it funnels water towards the back and away from the foam in the bottom. pretty stoked for the end results.

Attachments

• tn.jpeg
    tn.jpeg
    2.8 KB · Views: 2,643
  • jm.jpeg
    jm.jpeg
    3.1 KB · Views: 2,643
Jmox, I can barely see the pictures, is there any other way you can upload them so I can see them better? Try using tinypic.com, Yeah Roadkill, I learned that the hard way. Bought myself a boat, Thought it looked Bad ***. Took it home hopped in it to play around with it a bit and realized in the center the floor was rotten. It was a pain in the you know what. Tearing the plywood out was tough too, there's so many hidden screws when you try to get them out, you take some out and you think you got em all till you start prying and you realize you have like 10 more in it. Then when they're so old that the screws just get stripped, that really sucks.

Update: We got it looked at, the whole floor and deck is going to be diamond plate. They're going to cut the pieces but we're going to install them.

875$

Dang.

That's with them not installing the pieces.

EDIT: WE'RE NOT GOING TO THIS GUY.

Boat is up at the Welder's shop right now getting a price for everything we want done, before we sent it up there, we took off the right side panel, along with the back metal plate that the two batteries and the gas tank sat on. It's just bare now.

Latest posts