AEROCRAFT MODIFICATIONS - 99.998% DONE

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdog2594

Reaction score
I can't believe it is finally my turn. I have been reading this site for well over 2 years in anticipation of when it is my turn to get a boat and mod it. Last July I bought a 14' Aerocraft, year is late 50's to mid 60's, can't remember the exact year right this second. I have a 1974 Sears Gamerfisher 15hp motor. Boat is great structural condition, with absolutely no leaks. I fished the boat from Late July through September of last year. My plans are/were to:
Paint inside
Shine outside
Put in Flooring and carpet
Deck rear and front
Add storage
Add main and led interior lights
Add bilge pump
Add bow mount trolling motor
Add depth/fish finer
Add Rod Holders

It is finally warm enough here in Upstate New York to finally get rolling. I have picked up a lot of the stuff needed over the winter in anticipation of the mod. Here are the picture of the start through painting. Tonight I will grab some 3/4 oak plywood and get the new transom cut (inside and outside piece) and prep it for the Thompsons Water seal. Any suggestions or pitfalls, please feel free to shoot them at me!
07232011112-1.jpg

Well it is about 99% done. First mod. Let me know what you guys think and how I can improve on the next go around.
Untitled-3-1.jpg

Untitled-2-1.jpg

DSCI0340-1.jpg

DSCI0342-1.jpg

DSCI0336-1.jpg

DSCI0346-1.jpg

DSCI0344-1.jpg

DSCI0341-1.jpg

DSCI0343-1.jpg

DSCI0338-1.jpg

DSCI0337-1.jpg

DSCI0339-1.jpg

Thanks to everyone here. All of the great work you guys do and the help I received helped me make this a successful and awesome project to do.

Would love to see what looks like a removable transducer mount in the back? Looks great so far - a whole lot nicer than my Aerocraft!

=D> =D> =D>

ETA - and what's in the rubbermaid tote? I'm all full of curiosity I know...

Looks great, and you got it done quick.

Congrats =D>

Thanks a lot.

It took longer than I thought, but not real long in the scheme of things. Got most of it done in April so that it was ready for a walleye derby on Oneida lake the first weekend in May. Then I finished up with the remaining amount this month. Just getting ready for bass season.

I will pull it out this weekend as me and my 5 year old are headed out for a boys day, as he calls it, and get a few more pictures including the transducer mount. I just couldn't bring myself to drill into the boat.
The rubbermaid tote has my rope, anchor, fenders, misc. tools and fire extinguisher. All the coast guard stuff really. Just in front of it is a small stanley tool box that I used as a battery box for the small battery that runs just the two depth finders.

Latest posts