new 16 Ft Sears Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VT-Bass13

Reaction score
so here is what started it all this was going to be my project but as i was looking for a motor for this boat i came across this new one Like to

my old project - https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=23995

I went here to look at a 9.9 Hp motor witch he wanted $200 for and then he had this new boat witch i now have and he wanted $600 for this one

so i traded my old 12Ft to him for $300 and i was going to spend $200 on that motor so really i got this new boat for $100

DSCN0871.jpg

These are some pic of the boat as i got it, for $600 ! ! with the Motor
it is a 16Ft Sears V-hull
30 Hp Nissan outboard with a 5-Gallon steal Tank and lines everything ready to go and i took it out and runs like a dream no problems at all

DSCN0872.jpg

DSCN0874.jpg

DSCN0873.jpg

DSCN0876.jpg

this is my first upgrade that i did

https://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/532680_3328720289262_1006096263_33035339_2029474609_n.jpg

https://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/538962_3328720449266_1006096263_33035340_1732934407_n.jpg
the upper deck with the tool of the trade, 581 hummingbird with Di and Minn Kota trolling motor

acabtp said:
sweet deal man, that looks like a great boat
thanks it helps that i new the guy really well but still this boat is just Amazing and boy does it move ! ! the only thing that suck is that the Motor has old rod style Trim on it so it is a pain in the butt need a way to up grade that

Man thats an awesome deal! If the motor is in good shape that's your money right there. At least where I live I wouldn't be able to find a working 30hp outboard in relatively good condition (judging from the pictures) for $600. I've been looking for a 15hp outboard and people still want $800 to $1k for late 80's/early 90's models.

Dockside85 said:
Man thats an awesome deal! If the motor is in good shape that's your money right there. At least where I live I wouldn't be able to find a working 30hp outboard in relatively good condition (judging from the pictures) for $600. I've been looking for a 15hp outboard and people still want $800 to $1k for late 80's/early 90's models.

yeah it runs like a dream :LOL2: had it out yesterday and yeah i had run into the same problem looking for a motor for my 12Ft boat just about the same thing they are so expensive even for the old ones it seems

VT-Bass13 said:
Dockside85 said:

yeah it runs like a dream :LOL2: had it out yesterday and yeah i had run into the same problem looking for a motor for my 12Ft boat just about the same thing they are so expensive even for the old ones it seems

It seems like you can get a better deal when you buy a boat and motor together, a lot of times because people want to get rid of the boat to clear up space in the driveway or garage so you can get a boat and motor for less than what most people want for a lone outboard. I'm not ruling out buying a boat for the outboard I want and ditching the hull or trying to make like $50 off it.

Prime example below, Craigslist ad not too far from me. She actually just dropped it from $1500.
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/boa/2928646163.html

yeah i guess that is true that looks like a nice motor ! the 9.9 i was look at from the same guy wanted $200 for it with tank and it had hydraulic trim but i went for the bigger and better boat they really just need to get rid of some crap and iv know them forever witch helps a lot !

Dockside85 said:
VT-Bass13 said:
Dockside85 said:

It seems like you can get a better deal when you buy a boat and motor together, a lot of times because people want to get rid of the boat to clear up space in the driveway or garage so you can get a boat and motor for less than what most people want for a lone outboard. I'm not ruling out buying a boat for the outboard I want and ditching the hull or trying to make like $50 off it.

Prime example below, Craigslist ad not too far from me. She actually just dropped it from $1500.
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/boa/2928646163.html

more work is soon to come! does an know of a way to make a electric trim system for a small 30 Hp ? cuz i really dont want to spend 500$ but i really hate having to adjust this thing the old school way

any cheep live-well ideas / really need some Help ? dont really want to spend and would like it to work into one of my seats really up for any ideas/ maybe some dry boxes as well would be nice

I saw a boat with a live well built into the seat. The guy basically used a bucket and drilled a hole in the bottom to let it fill and drain. Kinda like on bass boats like my grandfathers.

finally got a pic of my self up this bass was on Champlain one of my most favorite lakes of all time and he wasn't huge but he was 4# 3oz still a nice fish

random question do i really need the stupid Bars going down attaching to the seat ? ? can i just get rid of them?? will it effect anything cuz i really dont like them but if they serve some purpose then id think about keeping them

any tricks or tips for a way to seal up Leakey rivets ? like a paint or spray that is still easy to clean ? ?
i use truck bed coating on my other boat but is a pain to clean and this boat that i have now does not drain very well at all

The rails that connect to your seats are for stiffness, they stiffen up the sides of the boats from waves and what not. I have the same thing in my boat although I don't believe mine is a sears boat. If I were you I would keep these stiffeners there, I'm thinkin of some ways of doing rod racks in them so that they can be useable. Just a thought, I'm jealous of your boat!

Gators5220 said:
The rails that connect to your seats are for stiffness, they stiffen up the sides of the boats from waves and what not. I have the same thing in my boat although I don't believe mine is a sears boat. If I were you I would keep these stiffeners there, I'm thinkin of some ways of doing rod racks in them so that they can be useable. Just a thought, I'm jealous of your boat!
thx it need a bunch of work but it is nice i had it out yesterday and got it up to 30 MPH said the GPS not bad at all and yeah i found that as i was working on it that it was loose feeling so i but the rail back on and it made a huge difference and ill have to look into that rod rack idea thx again

Latest posts