Franner11's Tracker 1542 Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franner11

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm about 98% complete on my mod - and massive thanks to you all for the incredible knowledge base this site has been. I truly couldn't have done it without your help! =D>

So, my mod has taken me about about 12 days to complete, only working on the weekend days when it didn't rain. That puts it at about 120-140 hours! Whew!

I stressed out about the wiring and getting the correct wire gauges on several runs, as well as a few other minor things. Now I just have the last headache to go: mounting my new bow mount/foot controlled trolling motor.

The two 2x6s that I sealed and carpeted ended up being a bit too tall, and my idea around attaching it to the new decking doesn't seem to be sturdy enough (although I haven't attached it yet - the concept seems weak.) That's the only thing left to go besides a few fishing pole holders to install. Not exactly sure what I'll do about it, either.

Anyway, enjoy the pics!
And again, thank you so much for all of your help!
~Frani

Attachments

• front_decking_support_2.jpg
    front_decking_support_2.jpg
    406.2 KB · Views: 10,778
  • wood_sealing.jpg
    wood_sealing.jpg
    575.1 KB · Views: 10,778
  • wood_sealing_2.jpg
    wood_sealing_2.jpg
    512.7 KB · Views: 10,778
  • dry_fit_wood.jpg
    dry_fit_wood.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 10,778
  • dry_fit_middle_section.jpg
    dry_fit_middle_section.jpg
    366.5 KB · Views: 10,778
  • carpeting.jpg
    carpeting.jpg
    495.9 KB · Views: 10,778
  • electrical_1.jpg
    electrical_1.jpg
    467.7 KB · Views: 10,778
  • electrical_2.jpg
    electrical_2.jpg
    420.6 KB · Views: 10,778
  • screwing_around.jpg
    screwing_around.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 10,778
  • decking_1.jpg
    decking_1.jpg
    453.3 KB · Views: 10,778
  • decking_2.jpg
    decking_2.jpg
    503.8 KB · Views: 10,778
Very nice work Frani, do you ever fish lake Norris to the east of you? I love that lake...spent many a weekends on it.

Thanks guys!

Nope, no lake Norris for me - I mainly fish Old Hickory as that's the closest body of water to me (and full of fish).

Franner, that's a very nice pc of work. =D> =D> Fantastic detailing on the wiring job, (and You were worried about it), not to mention the rest of the boat.

What brand of TM are You gonna to mount, and where do You want to place it on the deck? There are a lot of choices for the mount. If You want an alum.mount made for either a side mount to the gunnel or a middle of the deck mount, PM me and I'll make one for You. We ship UPS items like that all the time. If there's a metal shop local, You could get one made there. Which ever works best for You. It can always be carpeted to match the rest of that fine looking interior.

novaman -
Here are a couple of preliminary pics of what I need for the bracket.

Attachments

• channel_with_lip.jpg
    channel_with_lip.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 10,636
  • trolling motor bracket.jpg
    trolling motor bracket.jpg
    477.7 KB · Views: 10,636
Hah! Nope, I wish I had CAD experience. Should've gotten an engineering degree instead of a BA in English!!!

I whipped it up in Photoshop. Not the best drawing, for sure.

Also, I'm leaning towards 1" lips instead of 3/4" - I just made a physical mockup and it seems like that might be too narrow at 3/4".

Props to novaman for the mount!!!

=D> =D> =D>

Attachments

• 414587_3953608240855_1299646808_5203529_1701801391_o.jpg
    414587_3953608240855_1299646808_5203529_1701801391_o.jpg
    525.2 KB · Views: 10,444
Great job on the boat! I noticed you had a merc. Could you tell me what horsepower and how well
it pushes your completed mod?

First of all =D> Franner. Do you have any pictures of your finished interior electronics/accessories area in the middle of your vessel? I'm trying to think through my layout and like how you ran your wiring/connections down the side, but I can't see the finished panels in your thread. Now that you've had some time to use your boat would you do anything different?

Thx!

sorry y'all - haven't been online at this site in a while...

my 25hp mercury pushes my boat 23.6mph! and that's with me & my buddy on board with about 30 lbs of gear, plus all the additional weight that my mod added to the mix.

i'll have to get back to you with pics of the middle section with all of the electrical stuff.

as for what i'd do differently....need to put in another seat mount or two for variety....maybe different locations for rod holders...not much else, really.

thanks guys!!! :oops: