G3 1656 CCJ ((New Lights & Neodymium 3/16/17 ))

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiverBottomOutdoors

Reaction score
Dammit boy, she's sexy!!!!!

It was hard to say goodbye to my 1448MV (https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15412). Man...I put a lot of time, effort and MONEY and BIG FISH into that boat. To me, she's a real gem and I will always love her *single tear rolls down cheek*.

So here she is... My first new boat.

MODS I have in mind:
Adding Fish Finder - Lowrance Elite-7 HDI
Adding Trolling Motor - Motorguide Varimax 24V 75lb 50" shaft
Casting seats - front and back decks
Rod rack on back deck for catfish/stripers
Seats for cat/striper fishing from rear deck
Waterproof blacklights for night fishing
Sea Dek or Hydroturf
Bow holder for bowfishing bow

Attachments

• DSC07536.JPG
    DSC07536.JPG
    441.8 KB · Views: 13,620
Sweet......what size is the motor?, I see it is a 4stroke. What can one expect to pay for that rig? A bit off topic but how do yall use the blacklights for fishing at night? Do you use the blacklight to see the line? Go get some blood on it already.......... :mrgreen:

bigwave said:
Sweet......what size is the motor?, I see it is a 4stroke. What can one expect to pay for that rig? A bit off topic but how do yall use the blacklights for fishing at night? Do you use the blacklight to see the line? Go get some blood on it already.......... :mrgreen:

The motor is a F60/40J. They had this boat priced at 17,5K. I priced around and took it home for 16K. A little steep for a 16ft boat if you ask me.

Indeed the blacklights are for fishing at night. I use florescent line and it glows in the blacklight. I fish waters with little night boat traffic, so I will turn off my anchor light and turn on my blacklights. My last boat had them mounted on the outside of the transom so that no bugs are attracted to the inside of the boat.

WOW 16k dang too rich for my blood. That boat should take u anywhere. Love the look with the console toward the front. Really wide for a 16ft, should have plenty of room.

Brought her home today. I hope to take her to the lake Saturday to start the break in for the new motor. Taking bets on how fast it will go. My first jet so I'm going to say 30 with 2 guys....what do y'all think?

Awesome upgrade !!That's gonna make a gar slayin machine!
Ill tell you those G3 boats are tuff.
I have a G3 1860 that I'm looking for a newer motor for,when I find one ill post a build on it.
I'm gonna say that you will probably get about 25mph just my guess.

Sweeeeet, you're gonna love that G3 and the 4 stroke ..........Yamaha Outboards website says 27 mph for that combo in their "performance bullitins"

Great looking boat Jonah, G3's are tough to beat! Good luck with it, and some more pics would be nice :D

Yamaha performance data says 27.7 mph @5900 rpm 5.3 gph. 5.23 mpg with the 60/40. I hope u hit 30+ I have been told they r always off on thier numbers... That test is with 2 peoplein the boat but doesnt give weight.

Latest posts