Gregor 1978 14' overhaul finished!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdugan6

Reaction score
I just picked up my grandfathers old aluminum v hull that was sitting on the side of the house and have decided to turn it into my next project. I have already stripped it down to the bare aluminum and plan on rhino lining the inside and putting a big flat deck throughout. I will post as the progress goes forward. Has anybody done one like this?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363738609.509429.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1363738657.063658.jpg

That is one good "Bad water" boat you have there. :mrgreen: I fished in Puget Sound for years in a boat similar.

About the only improvement you can make is adding flat floors. I got so tired of slipping and falling on that wet slick deck.

Don't fasten the 'New' flat deck to the boat deck or sides. Fasten it to the Seat parts, and make it 'sit' on the deck.
That way, water will run and you wont lose things under the decks.

Keep it light so you can use a smaller engine. 10 Hp ought to be enough for that boat.

I sent the boat off to be rhino lined and have ordered new seats and the carpeting. I decided on a Lowrance Elite-4x DSI Fishfinder and am going tho paint the hull next week. I need to work on the layout for storage compartments now. Does anybody know of some good hatch components?

jvanhees said:
What did it cost to rhino the inside professionally, looks dam good
$900 for the rhino lining. It turned out really nice. My total budget is $2000 and the bulk of it was the lining. The rest is carpet electronics and seats/ hardware

Looks like a pretty well taken care of boat and you are coming along nicely, looks awesome! Props!

DOBSONFLY said:
Looks like a pretty well taken care of boat and you are coming along nicely, looks awesome! Props!

Thanks! I can't wait to put it all back together now and take it out.

Done with it! I just need to make the connections to the trolling motor and fish finder and mount my 9.9hp

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366860911.610009.jpg

I took the boat to the delta out of discovery bay yesterday to test everything out and all is well. For working water with the trolling motor and working slow it is amazing. But for long runs the added weight from decking and trolling motor and 3 people the 9.9hp was definitely not enough power get the boat up to plane properly. It might be better with 2 max and good with 1 person. Possible 20hp upgrade on the way. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367186769.615752.jpg

Latest posts