Weldbilt 1752 build (Finally complete)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbweimar

Reaction score
Hey fellas, I picked up this 1752 Weldbilt from the guys at Backwoods Landing last weekend. This thing is a tank compared to my 1436 Alumacraft I had.

This boat will mainly be used for fishing the flats here in the Big Bend area of North Florida, and an occasional trip to East Tennessee. She'll be powered by a 40 horse saltwater ETEC, and a MinnKota co-pilot up front. I install public safety radios and equipment for a living, so I'll throw in a GPS/FF, and a stereo. There will be PLENTY of lighting added including LED headlights, nav and anchor lights, as well as accent lights (red for night fishing.) A polling platform may come later down the road along with a jack plate.

As of now, all I've had time to do is throw on some Peterson LED lights for the trailer. Once I went LED with my old trailer, I'll never go back. I'm taking it down to St. Marks, Florida this weekend to have the motor hung and console/helm set up. More to come later. Stay tuned folks.

Also note, the console is not centered on the pics. Just had it sitting in there for pics.

ff57a2d3-6021-4e66-ad43-4ab705012f10_zps3c911f90.jpg

IMG_20130406_173524_461_zps46962c08.jpg

IMG_20130406_173449_282_zpsabb7f01d.jpg

IMG_20130406_173416_628_zps3bb8cedd.jpg

IMG_20130406_173401_042_zpsd2bfc28f.jpg

IMG_20130406_173352_003_zps6538b2c9.jpg

JEALOUS!!! that is my dream boat. If you don't mind me asking, what did that boat run you? I am hoping to eventually upgrade to a 1756 and have been looking at weldbilts, they seem like they are a very well designed and built boat.

Ran me about $3300 for the boat by itself. I wanted a 1756, but the price difference was ridiculous. I want to say it was close to $1000 more, and my budget wouldn't allow that.

Fellas, as of now the boat is at Shields Marina in St. Marks, FL to get the console mounted, and have the controls and engine rigged. Should be ready to pick up in a couple weeks.

RBO: YES!!! She was sitting extremely high. I fixed that last week with a fork lift and an impact gun.

I also added an LED clearance bar to the back of the trailer. I didn't need it, but I'm a lighting guru and it was cheap and easy. Only took about 15 mins.

More pics to follow.

mbweimar said:
Ran me about $3300 for the boat by itself. I wanted a 1756, but the price difference was ridiculous. I want to say it was close to $1000 more, and my budget wouldn't allow that.

That's really not that bad, I looked at a G3 with a center console and a 25 hp and it was 13 grand. I want to watch what you modify this boat for ideas. I'd say it will come out a lot cheaper this way.

Did you get the CC from weldbilt or was that extra?

CC came from Weldbilt. I think it was a $150 option. Its only 18" wide though. Looking back I should have gotten the 24" especially since it was the same price.

mbweimar said:
CC came from Weldbilt. I think it was a $150 option. Its only 18" wide though. Looking back I should have gotten the 24" especially since it was the same price.

That's a great deal man, did that include the trailer as well? You've already got me thinking to fix my boat up to sell and start all over again lol

Nice looking rig. With your being a lighting geek, can't wait to see what you do with the electronics, etc. on this one. I got a Weldbilt earlier this year (1448) and absolutely love it. Tough as nails and those monster-sized ribs make for a nice, tight ride. Mod-V handles and rides great too.

Dave, we install law enforcement radios and public safety equipment. Normally the shop is packed full of police cruisers, ambulances, fire trucks and anything else you can think of. The camper is from a local emergency management agency, currently getting outfitted with 3 mobile radios and a repeater.

mbweimar said:
Dave, we install law enforcement radios and public safety equipment. Normally the shop is packed full of police cruisers, ambulances, fire trucks and anything else you can think of. The camper is from a local emergency management agency, currently getting outfitted with 3 mobile radios and a repeater.

Very cool,

At my shop we repair and service any GM car or truck including warranty work. I have 22 Techs, 3 helpers/Tech apprentices, a dispatcher, a warranty administrator, a warrant clerk, a casher and 8 service advisors. I’m a glorified baby sitter but my title is technical service manger/shop foreman.
It keeps me busy. :LOL2:

Latest posts