197? 12ft Starcraft I think

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NH-PLAY

Reaction score
Hello everyone, been reading a lot on this great site and lots of people got great ideas and advice. Just bought my first tin with a buddy of mine $250. I'm looking at a lot of floor plans and have way to many ideas as of now. Don't think we will be doing much till winter hits just want to get out and fish in a boat. But here r some pics if I do it right. If anyone had any idea of the boat let me know. I think it might be a 1974 Starcraft sea scamp. The pics with the seats r how we got it. Took out old wood seats and put in some pine from about 1886 that was a old barn at one point. They r temp and will be replaced, but look great for now really cool look. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375832209.806865.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375832310.585739.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375832352.890957.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375832389.484272.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375872630.014062.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375872682.981842.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1375872709.878661.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1375872730.664503.jpg
These r some more pics of how I got. I also got a 1970ish 9.5 off my brother. Will upload some pics from this weekend when we take her out.

Thanks man. A boat for $250 and a motor for $300, I think we're doing pretty good so far.

Looks like you got a pretty good deal! As for an ID on the boat, can't help much there, I'm still pretty new to these little aluminum boats but I'm sure there are plenty of other folks who can help. Good luck on your build.

Looks like you got quite the deal! I love the makeshift bench tops! When I got mine I fished the year out and started working on it once winter came around. It should be lots of fun and post pics of updates!

Talked to marine just a bit ago and the 9.5 is all done and ready. $163 for two motors to be worked on, have a 3hp game fisher to sell with the other boat. Going to pick up the 9.5 tomorrow and go fishing for the weekend. Will post pics this weekend.
Oh I heard or seen that the old Johnson9.5 motors r 15hp down sized by the carb? If true can I put a carb on to make a 15hp and if so will it hurt the motor ova time?

It looks wonderful, and unique. don't do anything for a year.

Then, because you are a man, you will want it to be two feet longer.

Keep the motor, sell the boat.

Then, you will want a slightly larger motor.

Keep the boat, sell the motor.

Then, you'll start thinking of the modifications you can do (but don't need) to the bigger boat.

etc.

:lol:

VERY nice rig.

Need ideas:

Motor is long shaft boat is not need to bring up 4inches.

Thinking of 4 pieces of angle alum two on outside two on inside bolt those with the bolts that go thro the transom. Then put wood in between the alum bolt wood thro the alum then lag bolt down thro top into transom with 8 inch bolts

that doesn't look like a long shaft...?

Anyways, if it is, someone else just posted their redo for a similar short transom to long shaft fix. Double check your lengths, and If you still need the info i can post a link.

The way you decribe adding transom height sounds like you may have seen the other post though. How long is your transom?

OK, so short shaft should fit right. It looks like the anti-cav plate is even with the bottom. What makes you think its a long shaft? I have this same motor and its a short shaft....the long shaft has another 5" extension piece.

Some guys have posted transom extension plans for jet motors that sit too low. If I run across one, I'll post the link. Just sitting here without thinking about it too much, what you described is close to what they did.

Sorry was late last night when I wrote and 13.5 hour work day didn't help either. I don't think it's a true long shaft (20) but I believe it is about 17-18 inches. I will take pics and pics with measurements in them as well. But I do know for sure it sits below the boat line. And how do I like ur motor spider? And it only looks like it is level, but that's because the motor is all the up for travel

This was the post i referenced.... not sure if you had already seen it.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31679

I just measured my motor.... I can see how you got 17-18. Its my understanding that the way these take in water, they have to sit deep enough to have the prop forcing water in through the rear inlet. They don't take water in through the side as well as current motors.

If you are asking how I like mine? I like it just fine for the little boat its on. When i get done patching my boat, I'll put it through the ringer and let you know how it holds up :)

Yes that is what I am thinking about. Will send out pics this weekend of my ideas and thought.

Latest posts