14' Crestliner Viking refresh

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks fellas, I just finished the garage last month. I put up drywall, removed the crappy old work bench from the previous owner, and built the cabinets and new bench and painted everything. It was my first attempt at cabinets, not perfect by any means, but good enough for a garage. This was my first time working with oil based paints on a large scale, its soooo runny!!! Me and my buddy are going to do the second coat of primer tommorrow, and if all goes well, dark grey final coat next week. I have to order a whole bunch of bolts and hardware so I can put it back together.

-Rob

Looks good. My next boat will be a 19 crestliner. Something with a forward console, like an old Norseman.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=342228#p342228 said:
lckstckn2smknbrls » Today, 11:53[/url]"]Looks good.
Don't forget the site has a trailer section.
The subject of the post is the topic, the trailer is just a step in the rebuild, like sanding your hull before paint...

off to get its last coat of paint, I added the two side supports in the rear and got rid of the tilt functoion on the trailer. I also got rid of the front bunks and extended the rear bunks. I was worried about the front bunks rubbing off the steelflex epoxy when loading and unloading the boat.

I went and bought the materials for my aluminum transom. I got 1.5 x 1.5 square 1/8" tubing, and a sheet of 1/8" aluminum for the other side of the sandwich. I was planning on having the tubing welded up, and using the existing bolt holes from my wood transom, to bolt it back together. Does anyone see anything wrong with this plan?

well, progress is slow goin, but better than nothing. Do the seats look to high in the temp position? Should I lower them, ihas anyone had their seat this high?

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=347334#p347334 said:
jethro » 11 minutes ago[/url]"]Seat height looks good to me... are you putting a flat floor in the boat? Would be perfect height with a flat floor.

Yea im putting in a floor, but I sat on the seats and it seemed so high. Once I get the 3/4 inch flooring, carpet, and seat mount, I'll be sitting above, or close to the gunwal.

Also, if you look at my new transom, I've raised the height to 3.5 inches. This puts the total transom height at 20.5 inches, but the cavatation plate is still an inch or so below the hull. The motors a long shaft 20 inch according to the serial number. I know that the transom is slighly tilted, but should the transom heght be 20 inches or 21 inches? Its too late now either way, but I'm just curious. I'm hoping to gain some mph so I can make up for all the weight I'm adding, with just me before the modifications I could hit 22mph.

I've made the compartments so that I can remove the plastic containers for cleaning purposes. I also added the drain plug, I don't know if it'll work, but I'll find out when I take her on the test run.

That's clean work.

I got confused a bit, but think I figured out your layout. Should hell-for-stout. Please keep posting images.

=D>

Latest posts