Console in 14' FB?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You may want to check out "Boats to go" website, you will see they have an 8 inch wide steering console. Looks like it's made out of EMT conduit and designed to be attached to a aluminum bench seat. I'm sure it could be adapted for a Jon boat. You most definitely want something narrow if you want to get around easily. Pretty easy matter of selecting the correct cable length after that. I think they sell for $99 plus another 30 for shipping. Cable and steering wheel are not included, so figure another $150 for the cable, and $30 and up on the steering wheel.

Best,

Troy

Attachments

• central-console-dimensions.jpg
    central-console-dimensions.jpg
    618 KB · Views: 865
cwphoto said:
You may want to check out "Boats to go" website, you will see they have an 8 inch wide steering console. Looks like it's made out of EMT conduit and designed to be attached to a aluminum bench seat. I'm sure it could be adapted for a Jon boat. You most definitely want something narrow if you want to get around easily. Pretty easy matter of selecting the correct cable length after that. I think they sell for $99 plus another 30 for shipping. Cable and steering wheel are not included, so figure another $150 for the cable, and $30 and up on the steering wheel.

Best,

Troy

That's great thanks

You could almost make that fold down into the floor. Open the hatch, fold it down and close the hatch.

One other thing worth mentioning would be a steering stick as opposed to a console.
See: https://www.ezyglide.com/steering#!__steering

The model 840 would work on a smaller outboard. I think these can be had for about $300, and could be mounted to the gunwale or to a side of the chair. The company sells a bracket for the purpose. I would think these would be a little bit harder to operate, depending on the length of the steering rod. I've not heard a lot of feedback about them, but they are definitely space savers.

Best,

Troy

Latest posts