New Lowe Line 14' conversion project.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirk.sr

Reaction score
I managed to pick up a 74 14' Lowe Line with a 70" beam for a song. If anyone can help with any of my initial questions it would be greatly appreciate.

1. Is there any great advantage to going with a full height transom?

2. The transom height is only 16 inches while the walls are 23(?). Is it a waste of time and resources to match the transom height with rest of the hull?

3. I plan to use .080 marine grade aluminum for the forward casting deck and I will be using .125 aircraft grade milled extrusion for the joists and support. Rather than carpet I planned to go with 1/8" rubber "diamond plate" as listed here https://www.overstock.com/Sports-To...lack-8-Available-Lengths/8237955/product.html Has anyone had any experience with this kind of setup?

I'd rather ask now than find out after I invest the time and money.

All comments and responses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Dirk

I wouldn't touch the transom til i decided what motor was going on it. If your motor fits right there is really no need to raise the transom. Just my opinion bud. I was gonna raise my transom for my jet motor but i couldn't see spending how ever much for the shop to weld up the transom 3/4 of a inch so i put a piece of scrap 3/4 ply on top of my transom to raise it 3/4 of a inch.

i agree. leave the transom how it is, the only advantage to raising it would be if you already had a long shaft motor so just get a short shaft Johnson/evinrude and your set :wink: