The River Monster

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobberboy

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Listed on this morning's Craig's List is The River Monster. It's listed as custom built, ya think? The builder took two 12' jons and connected them side-by-side and built decks around the opening between them. I don't know how they are connected but it's kind of like a tunnel hull now. It's curious and I wonder how it performs. The builder says it's stable. I'll bet that's for sure - it's basically a 1272, actually wider overall than that. It' kind of clever...I think? Anyone ever done/seen something like this? I remember one or two people on this forum cutting a boat in half lengthwise and welding material in the middle to make the boat wider but this is a new one to me.

Kinda neat. :mrgreen: =D> :mrgreen:

Looks to be a clean job. I enjoy some of the projects folks come up with. Tickles me, and somehow lets me justify doing odd-ball things myself.

Thanks.

smackdaddy53 said:
Pretty neat idea. I bet it drafts skinny!

I contacted the seller to ask about that. His response...

Stable as can be.. floats higher than any boat. really light for the size so can easily be lifted over boulders and such.. We built it specifically for river fishing, in places people can't take normal boats.. My dad and I actually built a second one with a few changes.. this one is super nice.

I actually thought about something like that for a shallow river. My idea involved using two kayaks. I like what he did using the two jon boats. Different!

lckstckn2smknbrls said:
If it has 2 HIN's do you have to have 2 registration numbers?
Good question. It would be interesting to actually see what local wildlife officials would have to say about it.
I've seen a homemade bass buggy/pond prowler made out of a couple plastic 55 gallon drums before but nothing like this.
Still its a pretty neat concept.

Latest posts