About to start my first conversion!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterboy2b98

Reaction score
I just landed this old jewel, and about to start a facelift. After doing some research I have decided to use Alum hawk paint. Its a aluimunim paint that has primer in it. Has anyone ever used this product? Liked it, hated it?
I also read that I have to bring the rivets to the bare alum for the new paint to stick, comments?
I have sanded it, acid washed it, and will be hand painting it real soon.
I plan on decking, and putting bench seats. I am excited, and scared at the same time. Never fooled with boats before, so any advice I will take.
Thanks to all who put info and pics on this site. I will repay the favors.

Attachments

• IMG_BOAT.JPG
    IMG_BOAT.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 951
Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing progress on your project. Remember, lots of pictures.

Welcome, tell us about your boat.
What brand, model, size boat do you have?

Browse all the builds on here that you can and pick up some here and some there. I learned a lot and got tons of ideas from guys builds on here but making your own just a little different is where it's at!

Have it all stripped down, and started painting with Alum hawk paint.
Its a 1994 Lowes 1648, with a 1998 Yamaha 40HP. I have big plans for this boat, but this is my first boat, so I am hoping for the best. I will keep posting my progress.

Attachments

• boat paint.JPG
    boat paint.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 740
Finished the paint job and trailer work, {finally}! I am starting to frame up my front casting deck, and cut the wood for the floor. She is coming along great so far. I will be starting the carpeting next {GOD help me}. It is cold here in the south and slowing me down just a little. I cant thank yall enough on this site for the cardboard cutout idea on my front casting deck, I dont know how I would have dont that any other way.

Attachments

• REBUILD 3.JPG
    REBUILD 3.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 612
  • REBUILD 2.JPG
    REBUILD 2.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 612

Latest posts