Help on battery and hinge...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

callelk

Reaction score
I posted this under my Klamath page but I have no response and as I travel for work, my weekends are the only time I can work on the boat so I am getting a little desperate on time. My questions are:

OK, need a little help from you folks. I need to mount my battery box securely but as it is a welded boat I have no idea what I should do. Can I epoxy aluminum angles to the floor with footman loops attached to the outside? The battery has to be easily removable and the mounting must be light as the boat will do double duty as a car topper.

Also, have some 1-1/16 aluminum hinge. what are the best screws to use in ply?

I have tried the search feature but every photo I come across regarding hinges is blurry. That and my eyes are no where near what they once were which does not help...I thought I came across one post that mentioned long machine screws but I did not bookmark it and because I want to re-read it, it will never be found again...

On the battery box I may be able to use 2 X 2 angle epoxied to the floor with footmans loops and flush machine screws..

Found this... They put the battery in the center bench.

https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=35922&p=366705&hilit=battery#p366705

Latest posts