my 12' appleby

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to TinBoats!..... Nice tin!

Do you have any other pictures of your boat ?... What year is it ?

Yeah, what do you fish for! :mrgreen:

Its a 1964 appleby, i live in pa, fish at green lane reservoir, for bass, crappie and there is carp, cats wht n yellow perch supposed to be pike in there. I added seats so far thats about it, thought about a deck but dont know if i need to.

There is no enough room for it to swivel, and i want to keep the middle bench clear

You could put a small deck on the front, move the seat back enough to be able to swivel then add a hatch door to the deck, wallah... storage space and a swiveling front chair.. That's what I'm doing on my 12' Semi-V

Nice boat. Welcome aboard. "Should I deck this?" is a question that gets asked a lot. If you haven't seen this thread, it's a good read. I would suggest that if you decide not to deck it that you might concider building a box with a hinged top that you could mount between the middle and front bench to mount your front seat on a swivel and it would also provide a bit of storage.

https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9074

jsbossert said:
Just don't know if it's stable enough
Sorry jsbossert. I should have clarified my front deck a bit. It's not intended as a casting deck. In fact it will be rather low but high enough to put the batteries in and a few PFDs and anchor. The front fishing seat will be at the back of the deck just about where Mac suggested the storage box/seat mount. Trust me, I know how un-stable the 12' Semi-V can be. It hasn't been that long ago that I flipped mine over on the Chattahoochee River. What a fiasco that turned out to be. LOL Any way, you make your boat the way YOU want it to be. That's the only way you will be happy with it. But... The suggestions and ideas are here for you to ponder over. hehehe Hell, I've changed my own plans 2 or 3 times just because of all the great ideas here in these forums. Plus, as long as I listen to those that have done this a few times, they haven't steered me wrong yet.
Oh, and the extra weight down low will help stabilize it a bit.

Ya think ill stay away from a deck, besides it gets stored upside down, glad your ok y_j

jsbossert said:
No trailer, have removable fold up wheels
The reason I asked was:... If you put in a lot of wood, it will make it heavier and it would be hard to load the boat in the back of a truck! etc..etc..

Like Jim suggested, you could put a small level ''removable floor''.... Look around on here, there is a lot of boats the same size as yours that has a floor/deck in them... I've seen some nice builds on here!

Another option:... If you wanted to add a floor/deck, you could always buy a small boat trailer... Look around in your area and put an ad on Craigslist.

Yeah, you have a very nice lookin' boat! 8)

You can find some trailers on CL pretty inexpensive. And if not try looking at jet ski trailers. Readjust the bunks, add about 4 ft to the tongue and you're good to go. At least it's working on mine so far. By adding 4' on the tongue allowed me to have the boat transom right even with the trailer frame back cross bar. Adding a tongue roller or two will help also.

A flat floor makes a semi-vee a lot more comfy. Take a look at mine if you like, for an idea of what it will look like. Link in my signature below... "My slow mod" link.

Latest posts