Epoxies and Paints

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rnease

Reaction score
I have read most of the posts on conversions and modifications, all the way from page one to page 113. On the subject of coatings with epoxy, it seems that the primary products used are Gluvit and Steelflex. Parker's Duck Paint seems to be heavily used, as well.
I have been working with System Three Epoxies, and have not seen any mention of those products. I am not sure if it's because they have not been mentioned on this site, or if it's because they are not as widely known, or because no one has thought to try them.I plan on using them on my mod, both to bottom coat, and to coat the inside of the boat (after I rebuck rivets, patch holes, and prior to installing the deck. I'll report on the success (or lack thereof) of these products on my build post. In the meanwhile, I would like to hear from anyone who may have used System Three Epoxies. If you have used them and had either success or failure, I would like to know. Thanks for looking.

Sorry I have never heard of System 3. West Systems 105 seems to be very popular here in the west and I have used it on a 17’ Drift Boat Kit success. I am currently using it with 207 clear hardener for my 12’ Klamath project. Because of the sudden cold weather (well, it is November and it is Idaho) I have been doing one piece at a time on my kitchen table where it is warm. No smell and easy clean-up. 3-coats of West Systems and 3-coats of a water base varnish should do it. I was going to use shellac but the water spots in alcohol reduced shellac bother me.

Latest posts