New 1542 tracker jon boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoobeb

Reaction score
Has anyone seen what they did to the new tracker 1542 topper jon boats?They actually brought the ribs up the side now to strengthen the boat,finally a good move from tracker i think.I'm not to high on tracker bottom end boats but since they put that new hard paint finish and the new structure with the ribs i believe for the price of $1199 is pretty good and i may actually take a hard look at buying one now.My issue was i just didn't like the way it was built as far as the ribs not going all the way up the sides,cheap paint and the seats feeling very cheap to me but i just went to bass pro shops this last weekend and i was amazed at the structure change at least with the ribs.I was going for the 1542 alumacraft but they have gone through the roof at near $1600 or more and the tracker would be like $1300 out the door,plus it has a live well so i'm leaning towards a new tracker.

Anyone see what i'm talking about here?Def not a bad boat for the price now.I always thought the outside shell of the boat was built well but everything else seemed cheap to me and for good reason as they were only $999 at the time.I understand they are just a production boat,a reg beat it up nothing special jon boat as most jon boats are.Imo tracker has upped it's game a bit better at least with the 1542.

Haven't seen the new trackers but I feel Tracker Marine has been building good boats for a good while. While not top shelf, they were solid boats IMO for the weekend warrior, take care of 'em and they will last a long time. I was looking or considering the Super Guide V16 for my next boat, and my research led me to lots and lots of negative comments about Tracker Marine in general, poor quality, just a poor boat in general while all of the other tin boat makers were a better boat in general. I owned a PT175 for 10 1/2 yrs, and it was a trouble free boat IMO, I miss it to some extent as it was a very easy boat to operate, load and launch solo and cheap to operate IMO. I'm just not comfortable in that style boat anymore and wanted something different as well for my style of fishing. GL in your search for your boat. You can get a lemon in anything you buy from anyone who makes a similar product.

Haven't seen them, but I hope some one has their thinking cap on at Tracker.
How are the welds, that has been mentioned many times.

Latest posts