New Guy looking for advice

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnethery8513

Reaction score
I am new to this forum stuff but I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what year my boat is. I recovered it from the bottom of the river and fixed it up myself. But i need to sell it and i dont have a title or anything, dont even know what year or model and i dont know what to tell these people who want to buy it. When i got it home there was no numbers tags nothing to know anything about the boat. Also how much should I sell it for? Just the boat, i was going to sell the trailer seperate for $100. If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated...

Attachments

• 1385.jpg
    1385.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 496
  • 1390.jpg
    1390.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 496
  • 1389.jpg
    1389.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 496
Unique method of placing it on the trailer. In Illinois, trying to sell a trailer without a title or boat that is not certificated is very hard. Only because it is hard to get a trailer title from the DMV and hard to get certificate from DNR for the boat. So makes it worth much less and that thing is not worth much anyway. What state are you in? Try to get the title and certificate assuming the rig is worth it.
Tim

if there is a vin number on it call the department of game and inland fisheries, if it was ever registered they will be able to tell you the make, model, year Etc.

im in texas and im getting a title today i talked to a guy on here and figured out how so i will have all of that before i sell it... i thought it was at least worth $250 after all i did to it... its dirty right now but just needs to be cleaned and it looks good!!! And I was also told its prolly a 1940 boat and motor, yes old but totaly re-done and fixed up and works great!

There is nothing on the boat no vin, year, make, model etc... but i am going to get a title today i talked to a guy who told me how i could get one. so it will have a title unless its so old they didnt have titles then? I dunno im waiting on someone to come and look at it to give me a hull number...