Binimi Top Recommendation

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenchicken

Reaction score
Anyone care to recommend a Binimi top for my alum craft 14"

ps: I'd like to spend under $200.

pps: I'd love to spend under $100

I guess I should be more specific. I have ZERO experience and would like recommendations on style, size, MFG, etc. What would be the best fit for my boat. Any knowledge on the binimi topic anyone care to share.

Knowledge is Power!

i had gotten one used, i will check what the make is. we use it on our 17 foot skiff and it works great. i found the top cheap and then you can go on ebay and get the attachment brackets for the boats for cheap.

all you really need to worry about is the width of the top. the overall length really isnt a big deal.

I ordered mine off Ebay, there are 3 important dimensions to measure on your boat: Width of beam at the mounting point, length of coverage (usually 6ft or 8ft) and height when deployed, this is measured from the top of the side rails where the biminy will be mounted. The height measurement is also the minimum distance from the transom to the mounting pivots so when the bimini is folded and stowed it clears your motor and controls. Also make sure you have good head clearance when standing up. Paid right at $100 shipped for mine and it fits like a glove. They ship small because the three structure poles break down for shipping.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Bow-BIMI..._Accessories_Gear&hash=item5d40efabb7&vxp=mtr

Attachments

• 20141025_165329.jpg
    20141025_165329.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 729