Lowe Line 1460 Shallow V 1976

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty2112

Reaction score
I just got a Lowe Line 1460 with trailer from CL for $400 and it is bare aluminum on the underside of the boat and has some coating on the bottom of the inside and up the sides. I was wondering if I should leave it bare or paint it. Also I plan on power washing the inside because the coating is pealing. Should I re-coat with something (I plan on decking it) or just leave it? Any and all input would be helpful. I have been stalking this site for a while and as soon as it starts to warm a little here in Chicago I plan on doing a Re-mod. Thanks I will upload some pics shortly.

Once you have power washed the interior leave a few inches of water in the boat to see if you have any leaking rivets. If non are leaking move on with your improvements. If you have any leaking rivets we can help you fix them up.

Well I power washed it today and filled it with water and to my delight there were no leaks any where. On to the modifications.

Just bought some seats off CL for 45.00 for all three. Looking forward to getting started on this remod. Just buying stuff a little at a time so that when it starts to warm up I will be all set.

rusty2112 said:
Just bought some seats off CL for 45.00 for all three. Looking forward to getting started on this remod. Just buying stuff a little at a time so that when it starts to warm up I will be all set.

Did they burn your hands when you touched them or was the seller merely ignorant or just insane (a PO-ed wifey/GF maybe)? :lol:
GREAT BUY! =D> (gotta love CL!)

No none of the above...the guy had them in a barn and they were all dirty and the stupid plastic pieces around the corners were cracked. I bartered him down to 45.00 and when I cleaned them up that was the final product!! PS Don't be a hater!!!LOL

OK I finally had a chance to get some pictures of the boat before the remod process and during.

I was also able to get this Eska 7.5hp for $18.00 at a yard sale. A carb rebuild and some gas and she is ready for the boat.

The Lowe Line I picked up a while back was unpainted also. I just carpeted the seat benches and painted the sides to match the Jeep.

the interior bottom is painted with the original blueish green. I decided to leave it, It does not get hot in the sun either.

0521021420.jpg

0524021431.jpg

Thanks, as far as attaching the seats ,I just used older style seat clamps. I switch the seats back and forth from one boat to another. As for the paint I used self etching primer and rattle can rustoleum . 2 coats each. I didn't paint the bottom or the inside just to keep it simple. Those ole Lowes are good boats ,that semi-v will take rougher water that you may think. The hull planes well and turns well. You got a good boat there :)

Latest posts