1983 Lund S-14

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewEngLund

Reaction score
Hi Guys - Lurked here for a while, but now that I just picked up a 1983 Lund S-14 and plan to do a little cleaning up, I thought I'd introduce myself. Live in CT and do some duck hunting and pike fishing. Wanted a Lund for years now. I'm not nearly as handy as most of the contributors here, so I will probably ask a dumb question or three... thanks in adv. for you patience. :mrgreen:

20141128_132826.jpg
20141202_171015.jpg

Current plans:
-remove console, seats, and 9.9 (currently selling for the cash to buy a 20-25hp tiller)
-remove flooring, et al. and repaint/redecal (Lund Fall Marsh-like)
-re-install floors
-rewire lights
-carpet floors and add seats

Let me know if you guys see any other glaring mod that I should consider while I have the "hood up".

Thanks

Surprised to see that console on there. Looks out of place. 20 tiller on there would be sweet. I wish I had a tiller on my boat. Give me more room in the boat. Lot of expense though.
Tim

Agreed... it came off of an AlumaWeld and it is huge. It does have a sweet tape deck, though!

Welcome to TinBoats! :mrgreen:

Great info here!... Also a nice group of members!

Nice Lund!... I just bought a S-14 in October and I'm restoring it.

Mine didn't come with a console from the factory.. Lund sent me some info, and said a ''side console'' was an option.. I may build one.

Also mine doesn't have the split bench... I may cut the center bench to make it easier to move around.. Not sure what I'll do with the boat yet!.. In my spare time I've been working on the trailer first to get it finished!

Post plenty of pics!

Nice looking Lund. Looks like it is in great shape but that console is so out of place. I think it is just way out of scale for the boat. You can probably sell the console and ad it to the new motor fund.

Nice find on the DLX, Scott. I feel like I just got a free upgrade. Definitely lumping the console in with the motor too... even if they don't want it. Haha.

Welcome to the forum N.E. nice score with the Lund they are excellent boats.The newer SSVs are hard-chined and in my opinion not as sea-worthy as the original design.Have tried a few different motors on this hull and believe that a 30hp 2-stroke is ideal for your purposes-light enough to get in and out of the shallows yet enough power to plane three guys without working too hard.There is ply-wood between the inner and outer layers of the transom that will rot and cause the hull to flex.Some guys just add a plate on the back instead of replacing the wood.Remember a posting where the owner replaced the wood with square alum. and did a very tidy job I will look for it and post the link.Good luck with your project M.W.

MW - Thx for the advice on the motor... definitely on my mind. Also appreciate the transom info and look forward to the link if you locate.

muddywaders said:
There is ply-wood between the inner and outer layers of the transom that will rot and cause the hull to flex.Some guys just add a plate on the back instead of replacing the wood.
'' If '' the transom does have rot, he needs to get the old wood out of there!... The wet/rot wood can cause corrosion to the transom sheet and the aluminum becomes thinner.

Replace it either with wood or with aluminum like you said!

Latest posts