first flat bottom project. livewell question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schambachjohn

Reaction score
hey guys, new to the site and already loving it. Im starting my first project on a 14' flat bottom boat that was given to me from my grandpa. im planning on a casting deck and I have come across a lot of awesome pictures/ projects here. I have a question on a livewell. I want to put a stationary aluminum livewell in this boat. what are my options? anybody that makes them that I can build into the deck, or am I better off having a local metal shop make one out of aluminum? thanks in advance.

Here is a site that can help you with the plumbing, interactive program to design it.
Tim

https://www.flow-rite.com/marine/livewell-builder

I made one from one of the bench seats. I stripped everything out of my boat and rebuilt it like I wanted. I tried to reuse or repurpose what I could and I took the bench seat, flipped it upside down, removed the old foam, made a couple cuts and used 5200 and stainless hardware and had a 21 gallon livewell. I'll try to send you the link to my build.

Latest posts