1st Bass Boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassMan17

Reaction score
Hello,

I am in the market for my first bass boat. I have been fishing club tournaments from the back of the boat for the past two years and want to move up to the front of the boat this year. My club rules state that the boat has to have a live well big enough for two man catch (can be home made) and boat must be minimum 16ft.

Being I just graduated from college in 2013 I am pinching pennies trying to pay off my student loans. I am interested in getting a jon/MV/V boat and converting it to a bass boat like I have seen on here. The tournaments our club fishes are all inland lakes in southeast MI so a big 20ft bass boat should not be necessary. How stable are the jon/MV/V to stand and fish out of? Is it possible to fish two people out them, as we do have a few co-anglers in the club?

Just looking for advice, wanting to find a way to get into a basic entry level tournament capable boat with out high costs.

Thanks!

Depending on your budget, as you know, is what you will wind up with.

I just found a 1648 Tournament Bass Boat on craigslist . . . $1400 for boat, motor and trailer.
the P/O upgraded to a bigger boat.
This one shows its age (1988) and needs some work.
BUT !! It already has all the bells and whistles that a good tournament boat should have.

so, look around for a second hand tournament boat that already has what you are looking for.

I fish 2 and sometimes 3 out of my 1648MV without a problem. I stand up to fish all the time on the bow deck with no stability issues and I'm 6'8". Just need to make sure the person in the back doesn't go crazy jumping around or anything while I'm standing up on the bow.

IMG_20140308_103919_zpsketcbwn3.jpg

Latest posts