1860 tracker grizzly

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screamensemen

Reaction score
Well I got a new one. I sold my old duracraft that I was rebuilding and went and got a brand spankin new boat. It was a 2014 left over from basspro with liftime warranty on the hull. So I couldn't pass up on the deal they had. Well it is a bare bones boat nothing on it. Got a used trailer saved some money and got a used 50hp Johnson that a retired guy buys rebuilds and sells motors. The first thing I did was decide if I wanted tiller or s/c and decided with s/c but the boat didn't come that way. Did some research and found a T-H marine s/c kit all welded aluminum that you put together and paint. It turned out sweet!! I got it for $146 online. So that's the start of the build and I know I'll be asking questions later on for sure about wiring and such. I'm excited to start another build with no hidden secrets.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 4,184
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 4,184
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 4,184
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 4,184
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 4,184
What are you hoping to build this boat into. Fishing rig, play rig? Is that also the location you plan to install your console ?if so i highly encourage you to rethink its positioning. It is your boat though all said and done So do what you want. Could just be thhe picture also. Do you have a side shot of it?

I should give you some reasoning behind why i hope you consider moving it. I looked up a top view photo, and i looks to be very far back. i dont know which motor you have exactly, but i would guess its in the 350-400lb range. Then add fuel tank, battery or batteries, you and a passenger and thats alot of weight in the back of the boat. Also it you have anyone fishing with you out of the back your seats will take up there casting deck. I suggest moving the console forward atleast far enough to put you seats infront of the rear brace. This will also give you more storage in the rear for things suck as life jackets and potentially a live well. I win sketch up what im saying to help you visualize what im talking about. My main concern however is weight distribution while you are running.

move the SC forward. trust me. i have a 1448 tracker SC that if it wasnt welded to the boat, need for longer control cables etc. i would have moved mine. they are very stern heavy to start with.

Mainly use the boat for crabbin and fishing. I see the concern you have with having the s/c so far back. It may be better to put it at the half way mark of the boat. I have a yeti cooler I can use and bolt down for a seat and keep the whole back bench open for passengers. I need as much floor space and I can get to put my traps on. I think it's going to have to be a trial and error thing with the console. Hope the picture shows what your talking about.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 4,091
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 4,091
if I were going to buy another boat, I would load the boat just like I was going fishing or whatever. then I would put it in the water to see where the best balance point is. the picture you have, that is probably close.

Well I'm going to keep it where it's at. I already have the cables and such that came with the motor. I'll see how it rides and if need be move it forward I'll get longer cables. Last night I hung the motor and a local boat shop loaned me a drill templet for the motor bolts it worked out sweet!! Holes are straight and inline. Going to try to get everything else bolted up this weekend.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 4,023
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 4,023
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 4,023
Well I got everything bolted up and with the cables and such I got with the motor I had to move the console up some and it turned out to be a plus. Now I have the whole back seat and I sit on a cooler and drive. It'll be nice when the youngens get older and go fishing with me. Now I have lights builge and ect. First voyage today was a success no issues just some fine tunning with the motor and it did good. I have to figure how to do a live well and such any ideas? Kinda looking for a removable one so I can take out during crab season. Let me know of any ideas.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 3,910
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 3,910
Screenshot_2015-02-15-16-47-51.pngI made this livewell a few months back. Used an old igloo cooler and a bilge pump I had laying around. The pluming cost about $10 at home depot. It works well for pilchards, pinfish, shrimp, whatever you got. On hot days you might have to change the water once or twice to keep them cool though.

I’m going to running my bow lights soon but I am trying to tackle the issue of where I run my wires. I know you can get the clip on battery lights but I didn't want to do it that way. The only thing i can think of is running it down the gunnel but not sure how to get them tucked up and out of the way so if you guys have any ideas let me know. I want to have a plan in affect before I start working on it.

Also I have a seat issue. The cooler works fine for now but i would like something a little more comfortable to sit on and something that's lower. The cooler makes me sit up high and i feel hunched over when I'm driving.

Thanks for the advise so for and i like the idea for the cooler live well. I'm still pondering the idea so i hope to have something soon.

On my 1860 in the back battery, bilge area there is a channel in the center. I ran a fish wire through it and pulled my wires to the front. Then I ran the wire to the center console. Also on mine there is a small channel at the gunnel that I believe you could run a wire or two in.
The PVC with a couple of clamps had worked on a couple of our other boats.

I'm right up the road from you in Vero. We could get together and do some brain storming. I work on all the electronics in the boats and trucks for FWC.

Latest posts