My Lowe 1752c build progress

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OutdoorsmanTristan

Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently bought a Lowe 1752c, trailer, and a 85hp Mercury sitting on a CNC tilt and trim unit for only $800! I did get to test it before I purchased it! To my surprise not a single leak, and the motor ran like a top! While it did have a great foundation, it was not in the best condition. The previous owner used it as a Bowfishing boat and had torn it up pretty bad. After looking over Tinboats.net for some time I had a game plan and a direction I wanted to go.
Tinboats 6.jpg
1423325934404.jpg
After removing the outboard, the decks, the steering helm, steering linkage and throttle controls, I was pleasantly surprised aside from a few new found troubles.
20150214_165614.jpg
Next step was to remove the seats to accommodate for the new deck structures. Once the seats where out I did however find a bilge pump and thru hull fitting both filled with silicone. So a stop to my local welder to get some patches put in was necessary.
20150214_205144.jpg
1423970557187.jpg
Tinboats 13.jpg
After I removed the seats, I had the holes welded, and took the boat off of the trailer so that I could begin prepping the trailer for new paint.
One good thing about having to stop by the welding shop is that I wound up with a tank that had been fabricated to the wrong dimension, for only $100 to use for my livewell.
20150220_212046.jpg
Here is what most of the trailer looked like.
20150214_154729.jpg
After spending close to 16 hours on the trailer , It was mostly paint and rust free. Also added new fenders and made fender braces.
20150221_131336.jpg
Screenshot_2015-02-22-21-57-53.png

Screenshot_2015-02-22-21-58-10.png
Screenshot_2015-02-22-21-57-58.png
Now we are pretty much stuck in the water due to the weather. Wind chill is 5 degrees so paint would not adhere. Next step is adding the boat guides to the trailer. I haven't gone much further but will keep you posted with the progress. I will attach a few pictures of some of the goodies with the boat.
Tinboats 14.jpg

I just finished a Lowe Roughneck for a guy that had basicly the same rib configuration as yours, he wanted his deck high to aid in cast net use but he wanted a lot of storage under the deck for his bow case, treestands etc. Here are some pics of what I built for him.

Deck framing
IMG_0773.JPG

Deck installed
IMG_0811.JPG

New front cap welded on
IMG_0812.JPG

Finished product with wet paint
IMG_0819.JPG

I had planned on running my casting deck at the same height at where the tops of the seats! How stable is it with it being that high?

Alright guys, just a small progress update. Tonight I got to spend a few hours prepping the trailer for paint and im thinking that I should have it painted by the end of the weekend! Boy is metal harder to clean than I thought!

Attachments

• Tinboats 16.jpg
    Tinboats 16.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 2,335
  • Tinboats 15.jpg
    Tinboats 15.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 2,335
YYYYEEESSSSSS!!!! After using the built in shop heater and a torpedo heater, we finally got the shop and trailer warm enough to paint!!! That being said, the paint is finally finished!!! Starting with two coats of 2K etch primer then two coats of urethane paint. Ill attach some pictures! Hopefully the lights, wiring, running boards, and all the other goodies get put on soon!
Painting 2.jpg
Painting 1.jpg
Trailer primer.jpg
Trailer paint 9.jpg
Trailer paint 10.jpg
Trailer paint 2.jpg
Trailer paint 11.jpg

Dale, that shop has all of my dads toys such as a rat rod, multiple engines, and other car stuff that he let me set aside to build my boat in! Thanks for the feedback! What would you do to the boat if it were yours?

:mrgreen: Had some time over the weekend to finish painting the axle, hubs, leaf springs and hangers, so they are finished! I also started carpeting the running boards! More pics to come!
Also guys, please leave me a reply with what I should do to the boat! I love hearing fresh ideas!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 2,189
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 2,189
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 2,189
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 2,189
Finished the running boards today! Next step is the trailer wiring!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 2,154
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 2,154
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 2,154
Looking good!!!
As far as ideas.
It is your dream, do what you think you want. Remember that you went through the tin wanting to make it what you wanted. If you don't like, don't worry. You built what you wanted this time and will always say "wish I would have done........" The experience you gain on this build will make changes easier the next time.

Very true! I'm thinking bass boat right now with a live well, rod locker, front and rear decks, electronics, lighting in compartments, bass boat bench seat and other goodies! The deck frame will be aluminum angle and the platform sealed wood.

Got the trailer lights and wiring done tonight! The trailers is just about finished! I used a optronics led kit, and added marker lights!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 998
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 998
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 998
After finally finished the trailer, it was about time to start working on the star of the show! The boat! After bed lining the bottom, and masking it off, it is now primered! I will be putting it on saw horses tomorrow to finish it! Paint is gonna be flame red!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 975
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 975
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 975
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg