new 12' semi v hull chrysler

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chryslertinboat

Reaction score
Hey, im new on tinboats and just bought my first boat. Its what i guess you would call a semi v hull 12'. The badge on the back says it was made by chrysler, i didnt know they made boats. I wanna do some mods to it like a casting deck, some storage compartments, maybe eventually a full deck. Just curious about the extra added weight and the stability. Any ideas or opions would be great.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-26-17-51-06.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-26-17-51-06.png
    166.2 KB · Views: 897
Welcome! First Chrysler I've seen as well.
I floored and added a casting deck to mine. 2x2s and 1/2 inch plywood. It didn't add much weight at all. As for the stability its just like standing on the bench seats. Which you could try while its in the water before you start work on it.
Mine is a 12 ft as well.

I've never seen a Chrysler boat that small.
The ones I know of are tri-hulls and they all came with Chrysler outboard motors.

Thanks for the info. Should it have a hull id number on it? The one listed on the previous registration is 7 numbers long. Registration says its a 1980 chrysler model 67.

chryslertinboat said:
Thanks for the info. Should it have a hull id number on it? The one listed on the previous registration is 7 numbers long. Registration says its a 1980 chrysler model 67.
If it is a 1980 it will have a HID number.