Saved 22' monster

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poormans Boatright

Reaction score
I posted a pic of this monster in another topic on this forum. While I didn't actually build anything on this rig, I thought I would show you what was done to literally save this boat from the scrap yard. The owners told me they picked up this boat fairly cheap, after they ripped up the floor they found that the builder did not coat the bottom with any protection at all and after years of service the bottom was oxidized and pitted bad, there were a few places that wore all the way through. They wanted to know if I could weld up the pits on this floor, I really had my doubts, but thought I would give it a try. Lucky for them the bottom was thick enough to take some heat and weld up. It took a while but we managed to patch it up and save it, check these pics out.

Attachments

• IMG618.jpg
    IMG618.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 2,405
  • IMG621.jpg
    IMG621.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 2,405
  • IMG622.jpg
    IMG622.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 2,405
  • IMG612.jpg
    IMG612.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 2,405
  • IMG615.jpg
    IMG615.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 2,405
  • IMG613.jpg
    IMG613.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 2,405
  • IMG574.jpg
    IMG574.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 2,405
Looks like more quality work, like the rails on the other boat you did. With talent like yours and a little advertising to get started, word of mouth will get you lots of business.

Keep up the good work.

HANGEYE said:
Looks like more quality work, like the rails on the other boat you did. With talent like yours and a little advertising to get started, word of mouth will get you lots of business.

Keep up the good work.

That's a fact! Welding aluminum is a tough. Welding aluminum like this is a gift! =D>

They told me that it had a lot of sand on the bottom in the back compartments, that alone would hold water and cause corrosion. The compartment drains are kinda small and seem like they would clog up easily. He told me he was gonna open em up more.