Alumacraft MV-1448 Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeavyHook

Reaction score
Hello! I just picked up an MV-1448 with a 25hp Mercury on it two weeks ago and am doing some modifications to it. It was basically the way I wanted it from the beginning but I am making some adjustments for bass fishing as that is what I will be doing most of the time.

Should have more pictures to come. Adding a bow mount trolling motor and trying to figure out if I should just cut into the bow in order to create more storage with installing a hatch. I would need to bolt down the trolling motor mount anyway plus this would allow me to move the battery under deck for more room along with distributing the weight for better planing.

Attachments

• IMG_0410 (1).JPG
    IMG_0410 (1).JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 1,245
  • IMG_0438.JPG
    IMG_0438.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,245
  • IMG_0440.JPG
    IMG_0440.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,245
Nice Ride!!!! Love the rails =D> =D> =D> =D>

Cut into the hatch for storage, works great.

Just make sure any foam you take out is/can be made up elsewhere (between ribs under main deck).

Ictalurus said:
Nice Ride!!!! Love the rails =D> =D> =D> =D>

Cut into the hatch for storage, works great.

Just make sure any foam you take out is/can be made up elsewhere (between ribs under main deck).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the reply - I have not cut into anything on this boat yet so I figured it was full of foam in there already like the seats usually are? I can get the foam boards that most people put under the main deck correct?

Will the foam be ok even through water? since it will be under the main deck?

Heavy

Wasn't trying to take away from your main issue of deck storage w/ the foam discussion. Anyway, blue or pink board foam from HD or Lowes would work. Some on here say blue, others pink, you're call.

For the front hatch, use a jigsaw and go to town. I did this on my 1448, put a tempress hatch up there and it's a nice little storage space. Check out the Landau link for pics.

Ictalurus

Ok I appreciate the response!

I am going to be doing that this weekend and am just trying to find a hatch in my area. I will update once everything is done. Will be nice to have the extra storage plus I will add a little support for the bow with the added weight.

Will be finished the inside of bow soon - made a small frame and will have to carpet a small section before finishing up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,144
Final Update for now - That is until I find the next project! Which will be re-doing the floor as the PO did not seal the wood very well and its not doing so well...

Attachments

• IMG_0532.JPG
    IMG_0532.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 1,041
  • IMG_0511.JPG
    IMG_0511.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 1,041
  • IMG_0509.JPG
    IMG_0509.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,041

Latest posts