1969 Starcraft Mariner V 14'

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plumbcrazy

Reaction score
This is my project boat. An aluminum 1969 Starcraft Mariner V 14'. Bought it as basically a shell with a trailer. Putting in new floor, carpet, seats, wiring, lights, and planning to add a livewell and a casting deck towards the front.
Will start out using the tiller steer 20hp Mercury off of my 12' MonArk until I can afford to move up to a cable steer motor. I would love to have the plans for the original side console this boat came equipped with from the factory, but haven't had any luck finding more than a small brochure image file online. If anyone knows where i can get this, it would be greatly appreciated.
Don't care a whole lot for the added red paint. The original green is still under there and doesn't look bad where the red has gotten scraped off. May strip it one day, but not now.
hl5pMsMnj
p7VKWAg7j

I installed the new bow and stern LED lights, bilge pump, and wiring for them. I have finished the new floor and carpet. Installed a new bench seat in the back I made out of a 2x12, and started the framing for the elevated front deck. Picked up some Attwood Swivel eze Mounts and 3/4 pin pedestals for the seats also, but haven't installed that yet. I am considering getting the slider mount advertised in the sponsors section for the bench seat. Does anyone have any experience with them?

pcgoCYGHj

pcF9z62Pj

Thanks Dale.
Another progress update. I finished decking out the elevated platform on the bow. Carpeted it, added a deck access hatch, a open sidewall access, and a swivel 3/4 pin pedestal seat. Also pulled some more wiring under the decking from the front and from the back for the battery feed and whatever else I may want to add. Still need to finish the pilots seat( bench seat at the rear) by creating a storage space underneath, carpeting it and adding a swivel seat to it. Still need to build boxes for the livewell, the switch panels, and terminate the wiring. Also looking for some flexible molding to put along the decking edges to give it a more finished look. Any help here in where to look would be appreciated.
idRUS1Yfj

f0iYojUNj

exUepJKij

First of all, sweet boat and nice work thus far!
Flexible molding: my dad used a rubbery/plastic-like trim that's designed for stairs.. He got the stuff in the floor-covering department at Menards. I think they only came in 4' lengths but I may be wrong. Definitely worth checking out tho!

After doing some more reading on this site and doing some research at the link ya'll provided, I went back and pulled the midship and stern floor panels(couldn't pull the bow section without removing the carpet off the elevated deck) and fit as much polystyrene as I could under there. Even fished it under the bow floor section.
I calculate I was able to get 5.5 cu. ft. under there. Plan to add a couple blocks under the bench seat and some more in the elevated deck section. That should get me in the window for the USCG requirements.
I didn't take any photos of this stage.
The boat didn't have any when I purchased it. :roll:
Thanks TinBoats.net :D

Latest posts