MV 1648 NCS Sierra turned into a poor mans bass boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slough Runner

Reaction score
Over a year into the making and ready to start putting the parts to her. Getting the deck extended and storage lockers built right meow. I'll update with photos and more details later. Can't wait to get her on the water. It's been awful drooling over everybody else's builds while mine sat in the driveway. I have to thank everyone for some great ideas and inspiration for this build.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 6,820
Just laying everything out to hopefully prevent myself from having to back up. Tried to keep in my the usuage of everything along with keeping weight evenly distributed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 6,752
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 6,752
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 6,752
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 6,752
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 6,752
Got the same yacht! Looking forward to see what you do with yours! I'm fabricating a plate w a panel hinge on it for over my gas tank hopefully this week but time is hard to come by this time of year. It's overtime season.

I hear ya! This build is going to take me right thru the winter I'm sure. A cover over the gas tank area is a must for sure. Hinge is a great idea. I know I'm going to make sure to run support rib also. I want to be able to cast off the back without tin canning the cover/lid. These boats are great. Post a pic of yours if you can get the time to do it.

Sweet boat and way to put the kid to work. I have four deck hands and one more on the way. I should be working on a pontoon instead!

Sweet boat I just put a deposit on one this morning and will be picking it up in 2 weeks. Can't wait to get it to the house and start building for some flats fishing in the Mosquito Lagoon and some river fishing in the St. Johns River. I will be putting a 20 hp Honda on mine ( I hope ).

In the one picture where your boat is in the water is that a cooler sitting on the deck? If so what size and brand? I like the way it fits in there.

Thanks

Looking very nice man! Love the dual electric anchor system. Had the same pair on my tin. Love them in the wind. 8)

It's not a cooler its a Plano dry box, Walmart special, had it a couple years now and it works great. Only like 20 bucks too. Holds little guys to sit on just fine and a average size man. Wouldn't put anyone in a 2xl on it though.

It should be pretty stout. Using heavy gauge aluminum for the deck and 2" square tubing for support.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 5,862
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 5,862
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 5,862
This should make for great platform to mount my Maxxum 70# thrust trolling motor, deck hand 40 and other toys.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 5,709
Started on my tackle storage. Found these Plano 3700 series storage boxes for $30 a piece with 4 trays on Amazon. Can't beat the price. I wanted to give them lots of support so they can hold up for awhile. I'm looking forward to leaving the tackle bag at home.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 1,684
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 1,684
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,684
I found some boxes that were complete with lids from Tempress but they were over $150 a piece. I should come out under that even after buying the aluminum to build the box for these...plus it's fun to create your own!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,678
Here is another source for the plano 964 rack. Not sure if its the one you used. I think they give a break on freight if you order more than one.

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/plano-stowaway-organizer-rack/0000000017950

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

Love this build so far. I've been contemplating building a Plano storage area like you are doing for my Bass Tracker. Curious to see the end result!
schukster said:
Here is another source for the plano 964 rack. Not sure if its the one you used. I think they give a break on freight if you order more than one.

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/plano-stowaway-organizer-rack/0000000017950

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk
You can't even buy 2 3600 boxes at Bass Pro at that price.

Latest posts