? 1950's alumacraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcriver

Reaction score
I was just given a boat. Guy that had it started to fix it up and then bought new. I was told it's a 1950's alumacraft but i'm having trouble identifying it. The only tag from alumacraft is in the bow and doesn't have the numbers they need to identify. It is a 12' without a transom brace, doesn't seem there were many like it? Any expert help is appreciated.

The one picture you posted has the numbers "426" over to the left. This would be a starting point in asking alumacraft your questions.
You can also look through Google Images, and try to find one that looks like yours. Many times the picture will be linked to somewhere else you can then go to:

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+identify+an+alumacraft+boat&espv=2&biw=1600&bih=775&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiEvui0puvKAhWG4iYKHcDoAyEQsAQIKA&dpr=1

Here are some other links to possible sleuthing:
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=how+to+identify+an+alumacraft+boat+site:forums.iboats.com

Here is an example of a picture from Google Images with some information on a 14 foot model:
AlumaCraft.jpg

Looks to be an R, RB model.

Look at the link listed in this post for my thread an images.

54 inches wide, 12 ft long, about 130lbs, cowl covering bow seat...?

Have fun with it. Mine is a 1956 work in progress. It has lived a long life and has been battered.

Here's feed back I got from Alumacraft:

Thank you for contacting Alumacraft customer service. Your boat model RB serial number 305 was built in 1956. This model was built from 1955-1960 with approximately 1,452 units were built during that time frame. the model RB was the same as the model R with the exception that the RM model did not have the forward deck. I have attached a picture of the RB model from our 1956 catalog for your reference.

Best wishes.

Attachments

• Copy of Alumacraft '56 RB second set  mostly finished 10-15 001.jpg
    Copy of Alumacraft '56 RB second set mostly finished 10-15 001.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 2,040
Thanks for the help guys. I think the boat may be on old EZ model because of the width only being 36". I just haven't seen any others that don't have a transom brace.

Latest posts