2072 tracker

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikey602

Reaction score
mFirst time posting here, long time lurking. Like to start off with thanks this site has been extremely useful with questions I've had during this build.

So like the title says I have a 05 2072 tracker grizzly I hunt/crab/fish out of. The boat was pretty basic nothing special and started to show a lot of wear/flexing. so after duck season I started gutting it.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

After removing floor the ribs showed as I expecteda few cracks. fixed cracks and began making new "ribs" for the hull. I used C channel to run width of beam and angle as legs welded down to hull. I brought the ribs level across so floor would be level length/width.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Once the ribs were done I Layed foam in between ribs and notched 1/8" alum diamond plate for floor. After many hours of researching and scratching my head I went with rivets to secure floor. Only time will tell how they hold.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,899
Nice job on the floor, looks like an excellent boat for your intended purpose.
Make sure to incorporate the "TRAC", using 1/4" carriage bolts there is a ton of ways to put it to use.

Once floor was done I moved to rear of boat, starting with floatations boxes. I removed lids and wasn't surprised to find saturated foam.
image.jpg
Removed foam from both boxes with a sawzall, made a mess but only took about an hour or so
image.jpg
This is where all the research and head scratching came together. I kept throwing out the idea of using a truck box in the back of boat, my best friend had one that was perfect for the boat. Here it is mocked up
image.jpg
After removing some misc alum I was able to make a fuel tank bracket, new transom support and started boxing in the tool box.
image.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,779
Once tool box was welded down to hull I began boxing and plating around it. I installed a piano hinge behind box for access to fuel tank/batteries etc... This may need to be reworked after some wear and tear.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Next came the console build, boxed out the console using 2" angel and box tubing. 1/8" plate over top
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Again a ton of research on here and other sites before I began the painting process. Painted it this past Monday. So here it goes....
Scuffed up new aluminum using a stainless brush and/or red scrotch brites.
Old aluminum inc. tool box took a lot more elbow grease so I used a stainless wire wheel on a grinder. Followed up with the air compressor and vacuumed what seemed like days. Any how Monday was by far the nicest day we've had in weeks. So I pulled the boat out, rubbed her down with acetone while dad starting mixing primer. Here's a few pics of primer.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
After 2 coats of self etching primer we began with the paint.
image.jpg
2 coats of paint followed by numerous coats of clear. High traffic areas like floor, tool box and bow received at least 4-6 coats of clear.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Nice! I have the same miller hood! Love to see the welding

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, I blew my knee out in Jan, surgery in March so it's really slowed me down. But I'm started to finally see the light just before crabbing season! Start wiring today, will post pics of progress.

Awesome job.
Slick idea for the tool box. Now you have secure storage besides.
I'll have to remember that down the road.

Got a few hours this past week to start wiring the boat. Mounted a piece of 1" pvc from console to bow using one hole straps. Roughed in (6) 14 ga wires and (2) 6 ga for troller. Made a battery bracket and mounted a tray to it. Pulled all the wire to/from, waiting on the switch panel now. Purchased a 12 slot fuse panel that will be mounted inside tool box.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Ran a new fuel line, installed battery wires fired up the motor in the driveway and said screw it momma lets get this thing wet!!
[attachment=0]image.jpeg[/attachment

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,441
Just getting around to posting but I did get the fuse panel, switch panel and depth finder mounted and wired. Fuse panel was perfect for my application.
image.jpeg
Switch panel cut out and mounted
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Here's the finished product along with depth finder
image.jpeg

Latest posts