Lots of questions: Casting deck, old screw holes, seat mount

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flynavy812

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to the forum! This is my first boat, a 12 foot Fisher with a 8HP Mercury. Bug has already bit me, as I have lots of ideas but little experience. I'm going to list off some questions and hope I find some answers here. As you can see, I built a casting deck today, my plan was to build what you see in the photo and eventually just add the second piece (with carpet) to give it that flush look.

After removing seat, its clear that water is in the foam block under the seat, what can I do about this without creating a headache?

I'm trying to come up with a solution so that I have the option of full flat casting deck, or front seat installed for second person to fish with me.

There are a ton of little screw holes around the boat, can I just JB weld and sand them flat?

The drivers seat came loose last time I was out, bolts were not holding and they are just big holes now. You can see from the photo, what is my best option for adding seats that will actually stay put?

Any insight is appreciated and I will continue to update with photos.

Attachments

• IMG_7089.JPG
    IMG_7089.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 632
  • IMG_7090.JPG
    IMG_7090.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 632
  • IMG_7091.JPG
    IMG_7091.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 632
welcome aboard !!

just one question: the photo of your deck - is it going to be flush
with the gunwale ? or, is that just to see what it will look like.
IMG_7089.JPG

All of your issues can be found with the "search" feature as all of
us have had to deal with the same things at one time or another.

Latest posts