Duck boat build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Light sanded, washed with soap and water, wiped with acetone. Then I hit it with self etching primer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 4,889
Then I started laying on the camo. It was exciting to start seeing results.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 4,888
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 4,888
It was a lot of work, but it was fun. I could not be happier with the way it turned out.
The pictures don't do it justice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 4,883
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 4,883
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 4,883
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 4,883
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 4,883
Next I removed the middle bench and framed the floor in with 2x2s attached to the ribs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 4,880
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 4,880
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 4,880
Got the floor carpeted and installed, the two front benches as well. Threw in some seats and got to imagine I was on the water. I still need to trim out the floor where it meets the hull.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 4,871
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 4,871
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 4,871
I've got the same boat. I love your build. Very simple. I intend to build aluminum flooring like yours with the middle bench removed, so that I don't have to worry about the harsh conditions that duck hunting demands.

Got lights on the bow and a coat of paint on the inside. Not feeling to bad about my first boat build.
I'll be hitting the gunnels with bed liner this week. I will try to post as I go instead of dumping on you all at once. :oops:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 4,867
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 4,867
Thanks Derek, I'd like to lose that middle bench as well. I'm going to run this set up for the season and see how it works. I plan to sit on the floor when hunting to keep the blind short and lower the profile. It would be nice to have the extra room.

Yeah, I have the 14ft boat and didn't realize you had a 12ft boat. I am looking forward to beginning it. I will keep the floor very low to the boat just to have something solid to bolt seats to that aren't the benches. I definitely need to be raised though because sitting indian style in waders sucks. Lol

Ill be starting my first build soon. Im going for a multi purpose design(hunting, bow fishing, and fishing). Im loving the camo design, quick question. How are you guys brishing in your boats when you get to your spot? Do you guys have add on mods or do you just brush in as best you can?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ADKMtnTrapper said:
Ill be starting my first build soon. Im going for a multi purpose design(hunting, bow fishing, and fishing). Im loving the camo design, quick question. How are you guys brishing in your boats when you get to your spot? Do you guys have add on mods or do you just brush in as best you can?

When I was duck hunting I used a Cabelas Northern flight blind with the grass mats. I would add in cattails, strips of different colored burlap and branches with dried leaves.

This will be my first year hunting from my own boat so I've never had to do it. I'll be cutting local growth and zipping it to my blind frame. That's how my buddy does it and we hammered em last season. ( also I'm cheap)

Zip ties are a duck hunters best friend. Buy a million of em and use them. Otherwise, I've hunted from a black cloth blind before with success. I'm a firm believe ducks are spooked more by movement than something that may look out of place.

I'm using conduit for mine because some guy on YouTube told me to. He wouldn't lie to me........also I have an electrician friend to bend it all.

I used conduit every blind I've ever made. Honestly I use the benders at home depot with the tags on em still. Most of the time the employees even help me. Saves effort and money! Haha

Latest posts