2003 14' Lund Possible Conversion

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j.gardiner

Reaction score
I purchased this boat this spring and managed to get a good deal on it. the original owner bought the complete package back in 2003 which included the 9.9 four stroke Honda motor and an EZ Loader galvanized trailer. the boat has been well looked after and low hours.

I usually go out boating on small to average sized lakes, but nothing huge. when I am out by myself on a breezy day the boat sits too far back when I'm trolling which causes the bow of the boat to catch the wind like a sail which makes it hard to steer when the wind keeps blowing you in either direction.

I figured I would attempt to add a battery to the front of the boat to power some accessories and possibly a livewell with a pump that can easily add or pump out water in and out of the livewell to adjust the weight to the front of the boat.

anyone have ideas with this project? I have been through hundreds of projects on here and I'm having a hard time trying to decide. any input would be appreciated!

here are some pictures of the boat.

IMG_4111.JPGIMG_4151.JPGIMG_4150.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess you could add your battery in front of the front seat and deck over it. Use the two stringers and create a flat deck for the bottom of the storage and tie the front into the bow.

A low front deck makes an ideal v hull, in my opinion. I had a 16 ft which served me well until I gradually stopped fishing. It came with a 35 hp which I upgraded to a 50 hp. I think I would have been just as happy with a tiller model. Let me see if I can post a pic of the brochure. It had two trolling motors and lots of other goodies.

DsDTtnHh.png

Here's a 1990 Sylvan 16 ft for sale locally that looks interesting. Not sure why 14 ft boats aren't made more like this:

FTavX7Sh.jpg

Spoke too soon. I believe this is a 14 ft:

GxaQe3Ih.jpg

A true 15 ft version of that Tracker with a 25 hp would suit me just fine but I don't know how you shorten or lengthen a boat.

One of these bow tanks would add 40+ lbs full, no problem with that long of a hose run as long as the primer bulb and fuel pump are good. I also keep my anchor (?s) in a Rubbermaid tub that can be moved about the boat as needed. https://forum.tinboats.net/download/file.php?id=75754&t=1

water bouy said:
A low front deck makes an ideal v hull, in my opinion. I had a 16 ft which served me well until I gradually stopped fishing. It came with a 35 hp which I upgraded to a 50 hp. I think I would have been just as happy with a tiller model. Let me see if I can post a pic of the brochure. It had two trolling motors and lots of other goodies.

DsDTtnHh.png

Here's a 1990 Sylvan 16 ft for sale locally that looks interesting. Not sure why 14 ft boats aren't made more like this:

FTavX7Sh.jpg

Spoke too soon. I believe this is a 14 ft:

GxaQe3Ih.jpg

A true 15 ft version of that Tracker with a 25 hp would suit me just fine but I don't know how you shorten or lengthen a boat.

my main goal is to not make any cuts to any part of the boat and definitely no thru-hull holes. the only thing I plan on doing is drilling 4 screws into each bench to secure a piece of plywood wrapped in vinyl for future seats, the rest will be built in a way in which it can be easily removed in case I plan on selling it down the road.

I will post more pictures in a couple days to give an idea on how I'll go about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk