12' 1998 Grumman: Tips and Questions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NicePieceOfBass

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I recently bought a new Jon Boat just so I could get out on the water again (I was tired of shore fishing). Unfortunately, my budget was tight and I could not afford a true Bass Boat so my plan is to modify my own boat. I would like a casting deck but I am open to many ideas. I have been perusing this site for the past few months trying to get ideas but I don't know what would be the best for my specific boat. Anything and everything will help. Thanks!

1-1/8 sturdy floor, get u a 4x8sheet, and a few real hinges,cut the plywood to fit , hinge it on/off that little front deck and have it lay across the next bench ( in the middle) u can walk all over it and done right it will feel/an be solid, then u can toss gear under it ..out of site out of mine !..cheap <50$ :oops:

Attachments

• IMG_20170117_203227.jpg
    IMG_20170117_203227.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 844
atvalaska said:
1-1/8 sturdy floor, get u a 4x8sheet, and a few real hinges,cut the plywood to fit , hinge it on/off that little front deck and have it lay across the next bench ( in the middle) u can walk all over it and done right it will feel/an be solid, then u can toss gear under it ..out of site out of mine !..cheap <50$ :oops:

Love the drawing! Who needs CAD? In about two minutes you've covered all the necessary points in less time than it takes for my drawing program to boot up. Also, my symbols library doesn't include beer or fish. Well done!

Blank canvas!! I'd love to have that boat for a couple weeks.. I'd fix you up great!! I love doing them.. Mine is perfect for my fishing style but I'm getting ready to gut it all out and redo it just to do it all over again, better... I want more storage, more compartments... But my boat is bigger than that one..

atvalaska said:
Thank you for your suggestion! Seems like an easy mod and cheap too. I was thinking about a more in-depth mod than that however. Here is what I have theorized.

Attachments

• JonBoat Concept.jpg
    JonBoat Concept.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 712

Latest posts