14ft creastliner v hull skiff

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrdrh99

Reaction score
Here's where I am so far, 14ft creastliner, 3/4 decked and it's rock solid and stable. Just picked up a bow mount foot controlled tm to mount soon. Batteries are under the deck and plan on moving gas tank up and under the front deck also. Plan on running all electrical(lights, bilge, etc) through a switch and buss. 9.9 with e start is very nice. A paint job and cleaning up the decking (hatches, hinges. Etc) is next up after mounting the new tm.

Sounds like you are making great progress....but....

I can't get the pictures to load. I do see that they are at Photobucket. ??

Have you ever tried to use the "add a file" option for pix? That is all that I use now. Way quicker than uploading to a photo site.

It is right below the message box. Your pictures stay on your computer or Photos/Drive if you auto-upload to the cloud.

richg99

Yeah I just caught on earlier today, I'm having problems with photo bucket.... I'll get it fix and get the pics up soon

Yeah, I'm going to get 2 pin style, probably just a butt seat for the deck. I plan on doing a small solid floor. That way I'll be able to move my weight a little forward while on the outboard and move the pin up front when I want to. \:D/

re the seats....I have NO idea if this will work, but...one of the Tinboat sponsors .... Slider G5.... has a device that might bridge the two seats fore-to-aft. That way, you could simply slide your seat forward or back as needed.

You might want to contact them and ask. regards, richg99

https://www.sliderg5.com/

Interesting, seems like I would probably have to frame and support, but the idea of being able to slide back and forth is intriguing

Boat is looking good! I am looking at that motor for my 14' Arkansas Traveler. How well does it push your boat around?

spanky543 said:
Boat is looking good! I am looking at that motor for my 14' Arkansas Traveler. How well does it push your boat around?
Hey! Sorry it took so long to reply! With just me on a plane I get about 17mph, just really varies with the load. But, most the lakes here are no wake/5mph so I rarely get to run it wot.

Just added a motor guide 43# bow mount troller. Older model but still works great! Moved the 30# tiller back to the transom. All the big pieces are in place and everything is very functional. I'm really surprised at how stable this deck is. Still plan on the pin style seat and I'll be doing a diy recessed tray for the tm.

OK... So during my winter hibernating I've been thinking. What if I raised my deck to be flush, or just under the rail? I know I'll gain a little more deck space, more deep storage under the deck, and should make the trolling motor easier to mount. My real question is stability. Right now the boat is very stable all over that deck. So would raising the deck 6 inches take away from the stability at all? Here is a pic that shows the whole thing.

Guess I'd take a big piece of styrofoam, top it with a piece of plywood and screw it down.

Go fishing. Walk around.

If it isn't too tippy, go ahead with your full plan. Try it before you buy it.

Rich

Latest posts